Sport Bikes banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I am just curious... Anyone know?

I assume that RVT means Racing V-Twin... Am I correct?

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Well, I know that HRC stands for Honda Racing Corporation so maybe RC stands for Racing Corporation? Just a wild guess.

What does the 51 stand for?

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
jk750 said:
Not sure what the '51' is for. The RC45 was 45 cubic inches. But the 51 is actually 61 cu in.
I thought it was all marketing on the newest RC51. It's kinda like what BMW did when it had the older version 540i. It's actually 4.4 liters, but Germany thought it would be odd selling a 544i. At least according to a few friends in the biz...

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
I posted the same thing when I first bought my bike about a month ago... I found a site where someone thought they had it figured out and it sounded very logical.. I will have to try and find it again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The RC45 was 45 cubic inches.
LOL. I always get a kick about those that speculate what the RCxx designations stand for however that's the best one I've heard yet.

First of all 45 cubic inches translates to 737cc.

Second, the RC30 and RC31's were 750's as well so how do you explain their designations?

It is much more likely that the number's in the designation are nothing more than project #'s assigned by HRC.

·
Registered
133 Posts
RC = Real Costly --> when you start to mod her or drop it

RC = Really Chubby --> compared to the new bikes

RC = Really Cares --> as in who "really cares" what RC51 stands for, I got one, do you?

I don't think no one actually knows around here, but you will here some good ideas though as some has stated that it means Racing Chasis and others...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts