Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does everyone think of icon helmets and gear???jus wondering because its a newer brand that is really coming up...especially their helmets...made almost as good as arai's but cost way less...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think Icon has a more fashion focused product line than most companies. I have heard questionable reviews about them in crash testing and, personally, I am not a fan of the styling.

I haven't heard much about the helmets. What makes you say they are almost as good as Arais?

·
Registered
104 Posts
808 said:
what does everyone think of icon helmets and gear???jus wondering because its a newer brand that is really coming up...especially their helmets...made almost as good as arai's but cost way less...
I hope you are joking...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well the rep who came to my buddies shop broke it down and compared it to the arai and it was made of similar materials...i didnt stick around very long but i didnt hear anything about test...he could have been blowin smoke up our asses i mean he is a salesman...it doesnt really matter to me i only use arai...jus seeing what other pplz think...this is a sportbike forum isnt it...so chill out moo cow...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Personally I like the stylings of their equipment. Really, the only question is the longevity/quality of their items since they are a new company. Other than that, I think its good stuff. At least its something different than the same 'ol. I give them props for that. thats just my .02

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Mad Max said:
I think Icon has a more fashion focused product line than most companies.
more fashion, less crash protection

·
Registered
584 Posts
I've got their mesh pants (TiMax) and the Super_Duty boots. I use the boots every time I ride and they feel very good and are extremely sturdy.

Pants (I got them for free)... on the other side are about 35% mesh and the rest is pretty thick textile. CE Armor is on the knees only. And I haven't ridden in them yet.

Helmets DO look very cool but only time will tell how good they are.

Their leathers actually look/feel very good and all offer CE armor

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
i like them i just order a jacket from them. Threr stuff fits me better than most. And Icon says in its web site this is not ment to be track gear it for the street

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I got their TiMax Gloves... this has been discussed before but they seem pretty rugged. Thick durable leather, great protection.

(Now just waiting for someone to post that pic).

·
Believe It or Not........
5,339 Posts
I'm not too fond of their styles. I've seen some of their gloves and jackets with metal pieces on them?

To each his/her own though.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Something about the "stuntas" wearing them that turns me off to the brand. No offense stuntas! :twofinger

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
I have Icon boots, myself. I got them because they were cheap, with the express intention of upgrading as soon as I had enough to get a better pair.

I'll take my Arai over an Icon helmet anyday. Arais are tried and true; you don't get a cult following by making junk and creating hype. Until I see some of the top MotoGP riders wearing Icon helmets, I'm going to consider them to be second rate helmets--the type of thing you use if you dump and don't trust the helmet you wore, and you need something to carry you over till you get another set of gear.

·
Registered
22 Posts
One of my friends just got their Mainframe helmet we wear the same size so I was able to compare. The Icon was not as light as my Arai Signet, but did feel very solid and well made.

·
Registered
522 Posts
V V V said:
Something about the "stuntas" wearing them that turns me off to the brand. No offense stuntas! :twofinger
+1

There designs are lame and look too trendy, but thats what sells. I think I'll stick to quality gear like Spidi, Alpinestars for jackets and gloves. Not sure about there helmets though. I heard a rumor that they were made by HJC, but I'm not sure if thats true or not. But, I highly doubt they are up to Arai standards. Arai/Shoei IS the standard that all other motorcycle helmets have to live up to.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts