Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv'e been told that i may have a worn cam chain on my zzr 600 e1 but im not to sure its only done 15800 miles.is there anyone out there that can help me resolve this problem? what does a cam chain sound like if its knacked?my bike pull like a train through all the rev's and gears without any wierd noises,but its only when i shut the throttle (under engine braking) when i hear this strange net ticking noise?
please help you teckno wizzes :leghump

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
The cam chain should last 50K-100K miles? The problem is more likley to be the cam chain tensioner which is not that difficult to replace

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I had a chain wear out at 12,000 miles so it can be your chain. It will make a clicking sound. All you have to do is check your chain with your hand if it moves side to side its time for a new chain. Also check the rollers in the chain they should be solid and not spin with your fingers.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you talking about the drive chain dennisred? ive had that replaced im talking about cam chains.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
kwak zzr said:
are you talking about the drive chain dennisred? ive had that replaced im talking about cam chains.
Sorry I was I miss read what you wrote.

·
Industrial superstar
722 Posts
valve adjustemnt lately? could be a ticking valve. Otherwise when a cam chain tensioner goes bad you'll know it. It goes and allows the chain to slap around inside and it sounds like yer motor is coming apart. Just so you know all kaw motors i've ever been around have a light clicking to them when they are at idle.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
would this explain why i only hear this noise when i come off the gas? i know kwaka motor's are generly bullet proof so do you think i should just stop worrying and get on with riding? i was about to sell it and have a 04 sv650s any comments on that?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
my 45000 mile zx7 just started making a noise the other night. after 15 passes at the drag strip. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts