Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for summer riding gear. I have looked at both the Joe Rocket stuff and Icon. I really like the mesh Timax Icon jacket/pants, the price is good too. Plan on getting the Icon vented boots as well.

What to you guys use/recomend?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Work - Mostly Jr phoenix Pants sometimes jacket, rest of the time leathers, Hot or not

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
A* textile jacket and jeans. Occasionally wear my leather A* pants, but only if I don't expect any traffic. Drink lots of water.

·
Registered
648 Posts
just got a jr saraha vest to go with the phoenix jacket. works really well in hot weather. like wearing a damp tshirt that never dries out.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Fully perforated leather jacket - all the protection and it feels like you're only wearing a t-shirt.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
Joe Rocket Atomic textile jacket, jeans, HJC helmet, and Joe Rocket Phoenix gloves no matter the tempature I always have the above on, I just ordered a Joe Rocket Speed Master leather jacket today.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
Jacket, gloves, helmet, pants/sometimes jeans if just going to school, and boots. If I'm going to hit the twisties then I'll throw on my leathers.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
timax pants are shit, the fit is terrible so the built-in armor included is worthless since it will move freely in a crash. you can lump icon gloves in here as garbage too. to commute or around the neighborhood I wear the icon recon or superduty pants with the icon leg armor strapped tightly underneath. The superduty pants are much tougher than jeans and extremely, extremely comfortable. the armor is very well made and works. I wear a vented leather jacket up top with under armor or climalite underneath. the under armor fabric wicks the sweat from your skin and allows it to evaporate efficiently at the surface of the shirt, perfect for hot weather! if you wear leather you need to wear this underneath.

weekend jaunts or long trips it's all leather.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I wear all my gear no matter what the temperature.

A promise I made to my wife.

Longsleeve shirt, upper body armor/back protector, leather jacket, gloves, helmet, jeans, shoes.

saving for boots/pants.

:)

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
nig said:
^ +1 exactly...
damn did i just agree with nig :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
What do you wear in hot weather?
Nothing. I ride completely naked. The cops don't like it but I do get plenty of attention to help quench those hot days.

Helmet, gloves, mesh jacket & jeans year round.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts