Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in need of some new rubber and i want some good life out of these. im not riding aggresive twisties that much anymore(saw a couple people eat it this year in the twisties already) so i dont need anything super sticky. i hear the avon 45/46 for the rear and the more sport oriented 49 in the front would be a good combo. any opinions? basically i need a set of tires that will last me the longest while still providing enough grip for some moderate twisty riding.

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
I've never seen them or used them...Almost everyone is my entire group is on one of three tires...

1. Pilot race tires or regular pilots...
2. Metzler M1's (not too many, though)
3. Pirelli Diablos (myself included)

This is my first try with the Pirelli's, and I haven't had them for more than 2 weeks...I used to run pilots but i go through tires alot, and the pilots are alot more expensive...

Here's a pic of my Diablos...

Attachments

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have avon 45/46 on my GS, but its only a 140. They were the most expensive tires I could buy, but they are absolute best. The bike falls into corners. I've only had them on for 2000 miles, but no noticable wear yet. They turned my bike into a cornering machine, I keep up with the 600's just fine in the twistys. :)

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
i had the 49/50 sp's on my zx7.. they were okay. nothing extraordinary.

I like conti attack that I have on my gix1k now.

and my friends all say the diablo's are good. but they all run perelli supercorses. expensive, but they stick like gule.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no need for super corsas on the street, waste of money. anyway i heard nothing but good things bout the diablo's but i want something that will last longer. i dont push it on the street so no need for something super sticky.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I loved um when I had um on my 98' 900RR.. best tires I've ever had. Thinking about getting another set.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I've had good luck with Metzler MEZ-4's.... The Roadtech Z6 is suposed to wear just as well with a 20% increase in dry grip, and a 30% increase in wet grip as compared to the MEZ4's. I have over 4000 miles on the rear MEZ4 and still has a little tread left (on a Super Hawk). Parts411.com has MEZ4's front $83, rear $120 or so.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I had Azaro's on my 03 Bolt and didnt care for them. Took a long time to heat up and didnt feel confident at all on them. I am pleased with the Michelin Pilots. I think they are the best tire I have used so far.

·
Registered
402 Posts
AVON? I thought they made make-up.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wait!!! dont do it, I got a avon rear, cant remember which one, I know it was the sport one, anyways I havent even got 1200 miles and the wear bars are showing STRONG. It was a bit sticky once heated but its almost time for a new tire. I know my 954 is a big bike and all but damn....

·
Registered
25 Posts
bridgestone bt020, michelin pilot road....try one of those. they are supposed to last longer but dont have the outright stick as the others.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts