Sport Bikes banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
neutom72 said:
Sounds kinda like a country we use to call the USSR. My life... my decision.
not really, sounds like the UK, most of asia, australia, i'm sure germany, and umpteen small countries.......

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
neutom72 said:
Are you people actually ASKING for more government regulation? Be careful what you ask for! I'm a man for personal responsibility. If you're 18 and you want the fastest bike made, go for it. I wouldn't agree with a decision like that but an 18 year old ADULT needs to make his or her own decisions in life. NOT Uncle Sam. I don't want the government telling me I can only have a bike with 40hp because I've only been riding for two years. Do we want the government making all our decisions in life? Sounds kinda like a country we use to call the USSR. My life... my decision.
Pot calling Kettle black here, since I'm a newb on a 600SS, heh. I like the idea of the tier system, simply because YOU, and everyone else has effects on MY insurance rates. If you had zero bearing on my rates, go for it. But, we Americans are very stubborn, like me for example. Have to have my 600, or that was my thought my process. I almost wrecked in a turn yesterday, but through no fault of the bike. Went into a corner WAY to slow, saw some shit in the middle of my line, stood the bike up, got on the brakes pretty hard and barely stayed on the road. Keep in mind I was out in bumble fuck by myself on a back road with no one around. I simply got spooked. I have now forgot the point behind my post, so its time for it to end.

·
Eurofag
1,792 Posts
Truck said:
Pot calling Kettle black here, since I'm a newb on a 600SS, heh. I like the idea of the tier system, simply because YOU, and everyone else has effects on MY insurance rates. If you had zero bearing on my rates, go for it. But, we Americans are very stubborn, like me for example. Have to have my 600, or that was my thought my process. I almost wrecked in a turn yesterday, but through no fault of the bike. Went into a corner WAY to slow, saw some shit in the middle of my line, stood the bike up, got on the brakes pretty hard and barely stayed on the road. Keep in mind I was out in bumble fuck by myself on a back road with no one around. I simply got spooked. I have now forgot the point behind my post, so its time for it to end.

:)
Hear what you say mate, I 'think' the point of your post was that you got into a situation where possibly your inexperience nearly had you off the bike, but hey, that happens when you're still learning :) .

Regarding insurance, the rates over here are very high, and it's entirely due to people wrecking their bikes. I've been reading posts on here for a few years now and there do seem to be quite a few young lads binning it simply because they don't seem to know how to ride properly, and of course we were all invincible when we where 18 weren't we :) , trouble is your a lot less invincible on a Gixer 6 than you are on a CB500 simply because of the speed you can get into trouble.

From what I read on here, and the popularity of fast sportsbikes, I'd say you can all look forward to a big rise in your insurance rates. It happened here, and it'll happen in the US too.

As an aside, I've got an old Blade (CBR900RRW - 98 version) which I've had for about 4 years now, haven't felt the need for a newer bike as it's plenty fast enough, and basically I know it and love it. But I do swaps with a mate who's got a 2004 Gixer1000 and his bike is unbelievably quick, the thought of a young inexperienced rider on a Gixer1000 is just scary.

cheers all :)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.