Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
seemed failry equal however it would be more fair for both if they let them race without the other and compare the lap times.

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
I was pretty impressed with the C4 drivers 36" nose!!! Did he win by a nose?

Did Niall get his job over at TWO magazine due to the loss of this race?

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
malik ross said:
seemed failry equal however it would be more fair for both if they let them race without the other and compare the lap times.
Good vid. Dunno if seperate runs would have changed the outcome much tho; it didn't look like the R1 pilot needed to change his cornering lines much because of the car - the Porsche just flat out smoked him in the corners.

No way a bike can compete with a sports car in the corners or under braking - just not enough traction, and cars have the added benefit of downforce.

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Pretty cool, I can't believe the bike had so much trouble keeping up with a 996 N/A-- only 300 hp. I would have thought the bike would have destroyed the car out of every turn and on the straights. When I drive my SS in the canyons (370 rwhp)--Porshsce 996 N/A only about 255 rwhp-- with my buddy on his 636, I can easily outbreak him at the entrances but he is gone on every exit and straightaway. I remember that Top Gear race between an R1 and a Murcie, the Lambo beat it by a carlength.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts