Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I have to say for me it's a tie between dirt and mud.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
ICE!!!
:eek:nfloor

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
blndebmbr said:
ICE!!!
:eek:nfloor
always gotta be different don't ya...that's not necessarily a bad thing... :beer

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Oh man, you gotta try it!!! I hate the cold but I love to ride on the ice...I actually show the potential of talent on the ice!!! :)

·
SPODE in training
372 Posts
I ride the MX track :)

Mix of dirt, mudd, sand.... just a whole lot of crap put together that I crash in constantly :fiddy

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
blndebmbr said:
Oh man, you gotta try it!!! I hate the cold but I love to ride on the ice...I actually show the potential of talent on the ice!!! :)

Ice is alot like riding here when its wet, cept here its 90 degrees and 100% humidity...... without "full jewerlery" (cold lutters ice screws) you better stay home, the mud if you call it that is as slippery or worse than motor oil on a tile floor hard as concrete and unfortunatly no where as smooth as ice is....

Imagaine trying to ride on a surface that is so slick you can barely walk on, your truck can get stuck on near flat ground and is almost impossible to see until you are doing your superman imitatition.... :eek: thats "Hawaiian ice" the red clay thats 96% of every place to ride on thats so hard tires leave black marks on and screach on whern its dry. With screws you get absolutly insane traction better than the best sticky sb tire could ever provide.... and you only need 20 or so per tire too. As many as that pic has and the bike is almost unridable. It feels like the steering has a click stop that holds it straight on. Makes turning almost impossible. The bike feels like it has velcro for tires. its a trip!

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Carolyn said:
I ride the MX track :)

Mix of dirt, mudd, sand.... just a whole lot of crap put together that I crash in constantly

awwww Caroyln, get off that sangerous track and venture off into the woods. Scenery is way better and it will teach you how to handle any obstacle and go fast if you desire. Plus you aren't always hitting the same old rocks, trees and those irritating downed doods that always seem to be littering the exact spot that I.m uasally heading towards... :eek: I cant stand it when I'm coming in for a landing only to see a bike and rider laying at the same poot I'm about to land. that eyes popping out of the sockets effect gets old after a while, so does the constant stream of the "gofastersz" that are uasually the same guys that will be laying there... :eek:nfloor

Seriously take the time to go out and explore and find new cool places to go. You will have more fun and yes you will definatly improve your riding by trying out different changing terrain as you go... Then go back to the track and give em hell baby! :dblthumb: Yse em for traction :eek:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Personally, I try to stay away from anything wet/muddy. Not that I mind getting dirty, I just hate having to clean everything up afterwards :lol

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JAFO2RHh said:
Personally, I try to stay away from anything wet/muddy. Not that I mind getting dirty, I just hate having to clean everything up afterwards :lol

LOL one weekend we were riding in the rain at this resivor that had about 6 inches pf powder like sifted flour everywhere. When it got wet it turned into this sticky shit that in 20 feet would pack up in the space between the tire and swingarm so bad the bike couldnt move!!

Do we were carrying sticks with us to dig the shit out to go another 20 feet... this was funny since we were close to our trucks and screwing around. it soon developed into a dig the crap out, ball it up in your hands and throw it at your buddy! :lol I remember I went down doing a donut, as I was rolling in the muck laffing my ass off I grabbed a handfull of mud threw it at my friend as he was slip sliding along past me it smacked him solid on the side of his helmet ... this was like 5 pounds of mud travlin fast and it snapped his head to the side making him go down! Then war broke out!

Here we were grown ups rolling and wrestling throwing mudballs and just going nuts! We had more fun that day getting muddier than imagainable but dam it was a blast!!

What a mess tho! Lucky the resivor was full of water we dove in in full gear LOL ever try to swim wearing Moto X boots? LOL its dam hard! That was a great day! :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
When the track is just tacky without being slippery. Thats THE best. Holeshots are the best. Exitting berms are the best. The bike doesnt get dirty :eek:nfloor traction is always 100%. Thats my favorite. Any dry/hard packed sucks and wet sucks. Ice was fun on my banshee. 300 studs per rear tire on a paddle skippin 300ft water gaps in 20* weather. Talk about adrenaline rush! Got it on tape too! For the haters that say it cant be done...
Like my cocky uncle who shit his pants when he saw me do it in person.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Banshees were cool quads, seen some that must have cost a fortune to build. I always liked the twin 2 stroke yami engine easy to get huge power out of.

I saw a site a year or more back that made kits to make a banshee street legal! Now that was a wild looking ride! I doubt they could be made legal many places though, sure did look cool. I got pics of a few somewhere I'll post if I come across them.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
dirt, mud, sand, clay, rock, gravel and asphalt......love it all!!

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Krazy Hawaiian said:
Yup, but if yer gunna fall I choose SAND!! :lao

Ain't that the truth!! And on those bikes/quads you are going to hit the ground sooner or later depending on how hard you ride.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I have not ridden in much but would definately like to try the ice this winter!! Plus it'll keep the bike blues away :)

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OFFICER737 said:
Ain't that the truth!! And on those bikes/quads you are going to hit the ground sooner or later depending on how hard you ride.

Quads are a different story for me.... I can't stop putting a leg out going around a corner which almost gaurantees it will grab it with the back tire, yank you off the thing and run your ass over :eek:

The 3 wheeler I had was even worse because it was a bit more tippy but dam that thing was fun!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts