Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd get a little discussion going here. I was wondering what everyone liked best about their 6. For me, it would have to be the weight/agility and how the bike just seems perfect for me. Everytime I get on it, I feel like it was made specifically for me and it just feels so comfortable/right to me. What about you?

·
IM A BAD ASS WITH A STICK
374 Posts
RhythmsDJs said:
Just thought I'd get a little discussion going here. I was wondering what everyone liked best about their 6. For me, it would have to be the weight/agility and how the bike just seems perfect for me. Everytime I get on it, I feel like it was made specifically for me and it just feels so comfortable/right to me. What about you?

im gonna have to agree with you once i get on it seems like yamaha built it just for me...sounds kinda dumb but.......i also like the riding stance it doesnt seem to aggresive but yet not like a cruiser

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
RhythmsDJs said:
For me, it would have to be the weight/agility and how the bike just seems perfect for me. Everytime I get on it, I feel like it was made specifically for me and it just feels so comfortable/right to me. What about you?

I have to totally agree with you on this !!!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I don't have one now but when I did have mine I liked the power, the style, the agility, but I did not care for the front end it always felt like it was not planted when fully leaned over, I just could not tell what the front end was doing. I learned to deal with and put over 24k on it before it was stolen, but yes I would get another one if I came upon a good deal.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I love the fact I have taken R6's (01, 03) just about anywhere. I've gone down hundreds of dirt roads, in small creeks, a couple 2k miles trips, commuting to and fro work (120 miles round trip) and lots of track days. There isn't much more I could ask for out of a street-bike. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
The TELEPATHIC handling. I think about turning, and it's there. There is no other bike I would rather have. This thing is perfect.

I was on the track yesterday and I passed a Aprilla mille r factory, a zx636, and a 99 gsx750 on seperate laps. These passes were all on the gas on the front straight just because I got a better jump and carried more speed. I wasn't even pushing hard.

The front end is scarry how deep into a corner it can brake, the bike never drifts wide when the power comes on, and

I have driven it in the rain, massive wind, in the snow, and 630 miles in one day, and I have yet to want anything else.

The only deficiancy I can find is the high speed acceleration above 120 indicated, but I'm working on that.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
The fit! I sat on other 600s including the R6 02 and 01 models. I sat on the 03 and it just fit my body like a glove. For me it's a comfortable bike, I don't get back aches at all when I ride for long periods of time. It handles great and has lots of peep :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I love the undeniable handling confidence that the bike inspires. Everytime I go to the track, I find myself coming into a corner and thinking, holy shit, there is no way I'm going to make it out of this one... Then I just tell myself, screw it, throw her in, stay on the gas and let it roll... Well, so far the bike hasn't let me down. She just drives through and sticks it! I also agree with the person above mentioning the ability to brake so deep into the corner. I have recently been practicing braking deep into the corner, and hell, the bike just does not lose a beat.

The couple times I've lowside were due me not staying on the gas and losing the front. I have come to just trust in the bike and the tires. Seems the R6 loves the Michelins and they work so well together! Now if only I could come up with a way to make more $ to get to the track more!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
RhythmsDJs said:
I have to agree with you!....Fits me like a glove. And that is one little mean machine!.......I love how it handles and I can throw it around in turns.
:)

·
Registered
444 Posts
I love the confidence inspiring agility and that I fit so well to the yamaha frame.. much more cozy than other 600s ive ridden.

·
Registered
2 Posts
well my 04 r6 was my first bike and i just love the ergonomics
nice and compact with the clip-ons so close to you

it just feels wierd when i try other bike with so much more room between you and the clip-ons

·
Cheshire Cat
1,028 Posts
The bike is a race bike through and through. It's a little rough in the lower rpms (read - starting), but up where it counts, it's got everything it needs and then some. I know that I will keep running into the wall of my limits before I ever run into the limits of my bike. It goes where you put it. It won't forgive your mistakes (I love this - no compromises), but it will go if you push it with skill and respect.

Also, just the style. The other bikes out there seem too unimaginative for me, looks-wise. There's just something about this Yami. Cool, understated, but undeniably awesome.

·
Registered
88 Posts
the feel, handling, and the comfortability. I sat on all the honda and GSXR's, the 04 R1, all the Kawasaki's.. and the R6 was the most comfortably bike out of them all... the clip-ons are just the right distance from me, and it is way ahead of my riding level, so i all i can do is look forward to pushing myself more and more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I gotta say when I sat on the bike it was like going on majic mountain ride, it felt good and you know you're just gonna get a thrill out of it. I've ridden my friends gxr 6 03' and i can't say much about the handling compared my 03 r6. It was almost like riding those motocycle safty training course bikes but with 475cc more of power. I think the r6 is a sexy bike, its fast, light, and nimble. Who wouldn't want to straddle it and ride it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
cu360r6 said:
The TELEPATHIC handling. I think about turning, and it's there. There is no other bike I would rather have. This thing is perfect.
I say that all the time. Seriously, almost verbatim.

I would chose no other bike..., but to change course a bit, I really don't like the brakes, I think they're way soft.

As for complaints about the abrupt throttle, fawk it, I love that..., and how light the front end is...

·
Registered
12 Posts
The front brakes! Awesome, with just steel lines my brakes are better that some of the top notch race bikes I've tried. I've never had any fade and they always give a solid feel.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Love everything about it. Bought the 02 r6 as my first bike and have been happy with it. handles great no matter what kind of riding I do. But now its time to move up to a 1000.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts