Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
pics of my bike..one is chopped just to see what it would look like with polished edges and the other one is stock

Attachments

·
Superbike fan
871 Posts
Since you're asking: DON'T DO IT!!!!

I have red wheels and I want them black.

Those being polished would draw too much attention to your wheels instead of just the bike.

I like that thing all black. It looks sweet to me.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
likebikes said:
Since you're asking: DON'T DO IT!!!!

I have red wheels and I want them black.

Those being polished would draw too much attention to your wheels instead of just the bike.

I like that thing all black. It looks sweet to me.
you got a point but the wheels are part of the bike so it would draw more to it. around here to many plain black 1kRR floating around. i was the first now i see them everywhere. they could always be repainted if needed

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I think it looks a lot better stock personally.

·
Registered
269 Posts
actually I like the concept but I was thinking the inside (center) of the wheel being silver and the outside (where the silver is) could be black.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the pic was just a photochop a buddy did for me so i can get an idea. i actually did polish the lips and they came out decent. it flows with the other polished items on the bike. everyone is entiled to their opinions so im not mad at all. I like both looks but everyone around here as teh black 1kRR so I had to make my a little different. in some tiem if i dont liek it I can always respray my wheels

·
Believe It or Not........
5,339 Posts
Instead of polished/chrome, how 'bout the gun metal grey? The same as the swingarm!

Like the 2000 GSXR 750 Yellow/black color combo. Those always looked good to me.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
get some interesting color rimtape from tapeworks, that way you can reverse it later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why not go with reflective tape. It's a lot cheaper than chroming and increases safety and visibility. It's probably a lot easier to see reflective tape at night than chome. I strongly feel safety is really important and your best defense against cagers is to be seen by them, especially at night. No offense to all black riders, but that isn’t for me (looks hot though). But like I said, try the reflective tape for your wheels instead of chroming. Just pick the closest color to chrome. Plus, the tape is not permanent. One day, you’re gonna remember reading this and wish you had put it on. They have some at http://www.streetglo.net/reflective.tape/

·
Registered
264 Posts
Keep em black, you will have to spend too much time cleaning them if you polish them. Do you want to ride your bike or clean it????

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I think they look better black.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts