Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first started riding in 97 and remember the people I rode with being smarter and having more basic riding skills. I did not have a bike from 01-03 got back riding last year and I am not sure if every person that saw Biker Boys went out and got a bike or what but these kids are fucking stupid. They all seem to be able to do wheelies all day which more power to them but it is when they pull it up in the middle of traffic or in a group of riders that pisses me off. They can do stunts all day but can not ride for shit. A couple of my long time riding friends will go into the newer residential areas (new roads) late at night and do 2nd gear max corners all night and buy the time we hit the 5th corner we have to wait for them and when the do catch up they want go out to the highway and do wheelies. I am to the point I just go out with my couple friends or by myself because it is hard to ride with people you don't trust. They way I was taught to ride was you take yourself out before you take another rider out, if you go to hot into a turn and have to brake hard or cut back into the group fucking someone else you bite the curb and suck it up. You made the mistake know deal with it. Just my thoughts.

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
i never ride with idiots that cant control their shit...if i see a guy like that we single him out quickly and let him wander away while we go a different direction. I can do just about any stunt you can name and i can drag the pegs too. It pays to be good at them both

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
oh and exactly man...you fuck up YOU pay..i see you comming into MY line because YOU lack the skills to control your bike then YOU will be getting a reality check in the form of a unexpected downshift or a swift kick to the bar end closest to me. I have a saying that applies here it goes: "You make your own choices in life, you chose to come into my lane. Now you get to deal with the consequences of your actions." Another one im allways saying is: "Bro if you wanna stick a gun in your mouth and end yourself FINE....but dont try to take me with you, cause im not going peacefully"

·
Registered
488 Posts
Reckless01 said:
I can do just about any stunt you can name and i can drag the pegs too. It pays to be good at them both
AMEN to that, I turn the bike like its my full time job with over time.. workin on the stunts now, kinda..

As for the post, dont ride with people you dont trust.. period.. will get you killed or hurt. Find someone that is good at what your into or trying to learn and you can TRUST.. I'm TRYING to find people that are good at both (race style and stunting) since I'm into both.. If you do that, you can learn from them, and enjoy the ride. Your only as good as your competition, so if you find someone beter to ride with you'll continually improve your skills..

·
Registered
592 Posts
im with reckless on this one. out of my whole group there are only a handful i feel comfortable riding with and we ride together on a daily basis but the people i only see once in a blue moon that try that shit make me nervous and we tend to lose them

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What sucks is we have to single out almost everybody around here it is getting harder and harder to find people that know how to ride. All the good riders have gotten married and every time some dumbass squid kills himself there wives get freaked out and they don't ride because of the drama it causes at home. 90% all the sportbike riders are what I call Blingners it is all about the bling bling all show and no go. The will spend the money on custom paint, polished wheels and neon lights but wear $100 lids and mechanixs gloves is there idea of safety gear. Has anyone heard of the RR I think it stands for Rough Riders what the fuck are they the couple I have seen look like they saw bikerboys one to many times.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I know i'm not the best rider out there, and i know my limitations. I only ride with maybe two other guys because i know i can trust them not to do anything to stupid or put myself in danger. I know they are faster than me so that is why i let them lead through the twisties. I am getting faster but i just make sure that i am riding my way.

·
Registered
206 Posts
HDGP said:
I... A couple of my long time riding friends will go into the newer residential areas (new roads) late at night and do 2nd gear max corners all night and buy the time we hit the 5th corner we have to wait for them and when the do catch up they want go out to the highway and do wheelies. I am to the point I just go out with my couple friends or by myself because it is hard to ride with people you don't trust. They way I was taught to ride was you take yourself out before you take another rider out, if you go to hot into a turn and have to brake hard or cut back into the group fucking someone else you bite the curb and suck it up. You made the mistake know deal with it. Just my thoughts.
Honestly, those "2nd gear max corners" in residential neighborhoods at night seems more squidly (and dangerous) than some wheelies on a highway at night. Its just asking to hit a bigwheel, water from sprinklers, or sand. Blasting blind corners in a neighborhood at night? :no:

Sure they can't ride, but get out to the twistys during the day...

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
rr IS rOUGH rIDERS...ITS KIND OF A BIKER CREW...THEY HAD A STUNT POSSE FOR awhile and then they just ride with the bling of things now....yea i know it looks like biker boyz exploded all over them :lao

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
slingblade said:
Honestly, those "2nd gear max corners" in residential neighborhoods at night seems more squidly (and dangerous) than some wheelies on a highway at night. Its just asking to hit a bigwheel, water from sprinklers, or sand. Blasting blind corners in a neighborhood at night? :no:

Sure they can't ride, but get out to the twistys during the day...

That is the reason we ride in the newer area's they have good roads and during the day there is traffic and kids and everything else but at 2am it is safer than being out in the day. Squids are riders that don't believe there are limitations they believe it will never happen to them and that cars cause must motorcycle accidents then there riders how believe in reality.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I agree on this one. I definitely agree that if your going to pull some stunt or you screw up, you should make sure it's your ass and your ass alone that takes the fall. People need to be responsible for themselves. Take into consideration the innocent people around you. What I hate is that fact that it takes only one bad seed to screw it up for all of us. How many people out there have negative views of sport bikers? Unfortunately it's the idiots who are out there to show off that create the image. We all seem to get thrown in the same pot.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I only ride w/people that I've ridden w/before and know how they ride, or I will ride alone. I don't mind having someone new come along and join, but I'm not going to ride w/a group of people who I don't know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts