Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if this was a good helmet or not? i have a guy offering to give me it cheap.

~Thanks

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Don't listen to Racer X. You don't need to spend $500 to protect your noggin. Just make sure whatever helmet you buy is approved thru Dot & Snell. Helmets are a one shot use so even if you did spend $500, one hit and it's toast.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
:) :) :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not all helmets that say dot & snell are the same in protection...those are minimums that must be met, a quality helmet will do better.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
MoO_coW said:
Not all helmets that say dot & snell are the same in protection...those are minimums that must be met, a quality helmet will do better.
You are right! A $500 helmet is constructed much differently than a $50 helmet. The minimum road standards for helmet construction will protect your noggin from most head to object collisions one time.

You can't say you don't care about your head, tho, because you purchase a less expensive helmet.

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
generally, the higher-priced helmets have better features as well like better venting, aerodynamics, visor features, fit and finish, etc. i spent 120 on a kbc tk-7, and its aerodynamics were crap compared to my friends shoei.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree with Zue....used to run an arai corsair which set me back a cool 500.00.....went back to KBC(a 150 dollar helmet) because I realized those "way cool expensive helmets though nice were way overpriced. I personally think the Nitro is bad ass and it is dot and snell approved

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
i have a shoei and hate it i got an afx and love the thing any hit that is to hard for the min. standard is going to probably kill you any way

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
^^^

I agree with those saying that the expensive helmets don't protect you any better than the cheaper ones.

The expensive ones just get you more features, not more safety.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Get whatever fits best, that's probably the best advice you'll get. With more money, you get more comfort, better features, etc, etc. You get what you pay for.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
^^^

That's true. You could have a SNELL and DOT approved helmet, but if it's 2 sizes too big, it's not gonna help for shit like it's supposed to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts