Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Twitter @eloquenceinc
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can see the commotion in pickup trucks, 18-wheelers, etc...they do the double-triple take and the truck drivers seem to have a rule that they must honk the horn until i look and see them grinning madly and wave back. I don't know whether to laugh or roll my eyes. Sometimes I do both.

If there is a partner in their passenger seat and we are at a traffic light, they nudge the hell out of the poor guy and you can see them either trying to figure if it's a girl (if i'm in full gear) or getting over their surprise (if i skipped the leather pants. It's funny. Invariably some idiot asks me (in the middle of traffic, they don't care) if they can get a ride. I just say I am too new to ride passengers.

One day some guys who couldn't speak english saw a group of us at a light (out of town roads) and the other guys were busy being men revving their bikes. Mines got a stock pipe and is silent as night so it's pointless. The non-english speakers looked at me and kept pointing at my handlebar and smiling... :rolleyes: they wanted me to rev my bike too. I had nothing better to do waiting for the light to change so i did it. But I felt like a circus monkey.

But a truck driver surprised me the other day by motioning me forward with his hand outside the truck, I thought he was being a gentleman and letting me pass before he changed lanes or something...then when I am halfway to his window I see him motioning frantically with his hands...i realized he wanted me to do a wheelie! :eek: I think he must have not seen I was a girl cause i was coming from one of the out of town runs and i had on full suit...or maybe he didn't care. I just shook my head no and passed him quick before he got mad i didn't perform on cue and cut me off or something.

What do you guys do when complete strangers start trying to give you instructions on what to do with your bike? I find it slightly RUDE as hell. I don't tell them how to drive, why the hell are they treating me like some circus sideshow or a dvd they can pause/fast forward/rewind/slow motion?

I think I wouldn't mind if it's guys i know, or if people ask me IF i know how to do a wheelie. But to just be ordering me around...f. off! :rolleyes: :mad:

On a good note, a couple girls in a sportscar stared and smiled and finally the driver got up the nerve to yell out across 2 lanes "nice bike!" today. I said thanks! :D (I had on girl pants so yes, they knew i was female. Or if they didn't, they knew when i answered, lol.)

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Its funny you bring this up becuase each time I go out for a ride. Some kid is making wheelie gestures. Or screaming do a wheelie.. and you have said it best.

But I felt like a circus monkey.
You hit the nail on the head. Your not a circus monkey. Your not there to perform tricks or show off. Your on your bike, enjoying the ride.

I most of the time do nothing. Shake my head or just pull away. Its when someone is watching and says nothing. I do something stupid.. lol

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
If a cute girl wants to see a wheelie.. I'll show her a wheelie.. Thats about it..
Except that I wave to any kids I see staring at me.. Especially school busses of elementary school kids. I always wave to them....
Other than that, I ignore everybody else..
gotta be a kid, or be cute.. thats the rule..
(unless my wife is riding with me, then its Kids only)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Brownilus said:
What do you guys do when complete strangers start trying to give you instructions on what to do with your bike?
If they're trying to be helpful (like telling you how to get around a bridge that's out, or something similar) then I say, "Thank you". Otherwise, I either ignore them completely, or say "No, thanks" and then ignore them.

Doing wheelies in traffic, IMO, is not the best way to survive-- there are plenty of lunatics out there, and you can't stop or change directions as quickly when only the rear wheel is on the ground.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
I usually get the ricers in their JDM tight cars revving at me while stopped at a light. I just look at them and shake my head. Then they rabbit to the next light and laugh when I pull up next to them. I guess they had a need to get to the next red light quicker than me.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Lately... I've been getting a lot of older guys in their ZO6s wanting to play. Usually doesn't last long tho.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
If they ask you to do a wheelie, revv the tits off it and yank the handle bars madly like youre trying to stunt a bicycle. Then look over and give them the :dunno . if they dont get it they dont deserve to see a wheelie in the first place :eek:nfloor

Then you go to a parking lot and learn to wheelie :cheers

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
theres a bunch of little bay-bays around where i live that are always yelling to do a wheelie. its usually when i'm at a complete stop. yeah...like i can do that. or when i'm about to make a turn. yeah...i can do that too. or when there is a car right in front of me. yeah...i'll get right on it. i wanna tell them to stop eating paint chips but they're such poor little grommets fuck else are they going to eat.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I just kind of laugh it off. I can't wheelie well so I don't entertain it, and would do it on public streets anyway.

Be-be's kids, that movie is true

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
I don't get mad. That's one distraction I do not want in my mind when I'm riding. If someone asks for a wheelie, I'll just revv it or drop it down a gear and take off. The sound of my beast is intimidating so they start to fear after their initial excitement. Then I act crazy. Especially at a stop light. I'll revv it, then I'll slip it a little so it'll jerk forward. Now they're really scared. And then for the grand finale, I'll just putt putt putt off slowly into the streets. Gotta have fun with them, right?

I don't know how to wheelie btw.

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
Brownilus said:
What do you guys do when complete strangers start trying to give you instructions on what to do with your bike?
I find a different website... :eek:nfloor

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
I pull it out and pee on their car....

·
Registered
243 Posts
Fred said:
Its funny you bring this up becuase each time I go out for a ride. Some kid is making wheelie gestures. Or screaming do a wheelie.. and you have said it best.
I usually beat him to it. I love to yell that at other vehicles. My buddy did it once and I loved it. Some SS/T Ram pulled up next to us and started reving his engine, had his windows open. My buddy yelled "Do a Wheelie!!" the look of shock on the guy's face was priceless. The rest of us started waving our arms in the air (wheelie gesture)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Gotta love f'in with the car drivers... here's a good one- The Scary Biker:

When I see a ricer (kitted-out import or such) at the light I'm pulling up to, I keep my dark shield down, pull up with the clutch in and the bike at idle, and just wait for them to rev. Soon as they do, the SV roars to life! I look over all evil-like and just slowly shake my head, and give them the wagging finger- then I usually start laughing my ass off. Kinda ruins the scary biker illusion...

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
so, uh...can i get a ride?

:joke

I always feel bad when little kids ask me to wheelie and I have to tell them I can't...they just don't understand, ya know.

·
Registered
819 Posts
The funniest reaction i've seen when a boy-racer gestures for a wheelie was when a group of mates and i went riding into the centre of sydney on a friday night... WRX pulls up full of 'imagants' and they start hanging out the windows tellin us to do wheelies... A mate on his SP-1 redlines it... then slips it in neutral jumps off and starts running around his bike pretending to do wheelies. :lao jumps back on and takes off just as the light turns to green... everyone along the sidewalk including us a sitting there dumbfounded... all you could hear was laughter...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts