Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 398 Posts

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do? How long have you been doing it? And do you like what you are doing?

Can't get to specific but I'm a gov't contractor and work with Satellite Imagery.

Been doing it for over 6yrs now. 2 as a gov't contractor..rest military.

Sorta like what I'm doing...wish it was a little bit more "in-depth" but the pay kicks ass.

Next :D

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Whats the pay?

I am a student, I have been doin it for 11 years, I like it, and plan on doing it for another 6 or so(out of college).

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
EMT.

Have not been doing it all that long been with my company for about 1 1/2 years now.

As of now I absolutely love what I do, don't really know of anything else where I would really experience some of the things I get from my job.

The pay sucks to start, but if I tough it out down the road we get pretty well paid if you stay with the same company for a while.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Software Engineer. Doing for about 2 years since college. It's ok. They are paying for me to get my Oracle DBA license. I'm all about making money right now to buy the things I want in life. Once I get all that I and have a nice cushion I will focus on doing something that is a little more fun.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
IT I'm kind of the do it all IT guy, I develop software, sys. admin., network admin, backup operator, etc, etc. Heck, I even made a couple of websites...

Right now I'm sitting on my house unemployed, going for the 4th month of unemployment.

If you know of a position for an IT do it all, CALL ME!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm a busboy/cook/dishwasher/slave at the Outback Steakhouse. Get to quit soon 'cause I'm joining the Marines, which will hopefully kick way more ass :)

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
Mechanical Engineer

Design HVAC and Plumbing using CAD for schools, college, banks, churches and small businesses.

I take the architects base plan....lay out equipment, ducts, piping, and spec what MFG to use...write page after page of technical crap that gets ignored then do monthly site inspections to make sure they totally ignore what I've designed in lue of saving a ton of money.

Been doing it 9 years

Beats diggin ditches, but I'd rather be a home inspector with my own company......but I'm not grey headed enough yet

·
Registered
35 Posts
Video game Designer... been doing this fro 5 years now. Its a lot of fun but I have been dealing with a lot of the same shit day after day.

I am in the process of joining with the local PD... I have passed all application steps so far. All I have left are the poly and oral board interview. I figure, I can always go back to game design if this does not work out...I can't do it the other way around.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CasterTroy said:
Beats diggin ditches, but I'd rather be a home inspector with my own company......but I'm not grey headed enough yet
Have you checked into doing the Home Inspector company? Once I get the extra cash I'm going to do this through a company. If you want I can send you the website for it. They do everything for you, marketing, getting clients, all you do is inspect. Let me know.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Gamefella said:
I am in the process of joining with the local PD... I have passed all application steps so far. All I have left are the poly and oral board interview. I figure, I can always go back to game design if this does not work out...I can't do it the other way around.

Do they have someone from the LAPD come in and show you how to administer a proper beating? :D

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
Rascus said:
Have you checked into doing the Home Inspector company? Once I get the extra cash I'm going to do this through a company. If you want I can send you the website for it. They do everything for you, marketing, getting clients, all you do is inspect. Let me know.
My best friends dad owns a VERY successful home inspection service.....he's slammed, but won't hire help because he's from the old school that to do it right you have to do it yourself. Even though I have 2 degrees in architectual design and built houses for 4 years of college hehehe

The REAL reason he won't take me in (he KNOWS I know my junk...often comes to me for structural questions...etc) is because he claims that in HIS line of work...you have to have some age on yyou for people to take you seriously......and he's right for the most part.

I'll give it another 10 years...when I can retire early from engineering and force him to sign it over to me :banana (miss the banana smiley :( )

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Defense contractor

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Lead vocalist in a rock band.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm an assistant manager for a grocery store. I'm getting kind of tired of it, but the pay is excellent, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do..

I would like to work on computers, but I don't have any kind of certification, so that's kinda out of the picture.

1 - 20 of 398 Posts