Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of stuff do you carry to get you home in case of some kind breakdown, flat, etc.? My bike came with a decent tool kit under the seat, and there is a bit more room under there, and I almost always carry a tank bag as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thomcad

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
thomcad said:
What kind of stuff do you carry to get you home in case of some kind breakdown, flat, etc.? My bike came with a decent tool kit under the seat, and there is a bit more room under there, and I almost always carry a tank bag as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thomcad
=========================

It seems a lot of the riders on here carry guns hahahahhaahhahahahahaha

Attachments

·
Human After All
4,687 Posts
ARRA757-89-91 said:
=========================

It seems a lot of the riders on here carry guns hahahahhaahhahahahahaha

Well, yeah, and? A lot of people everywhere carry them, where legal. And sometimes where not...

I typically just carry my stock tools, my Ruger, and a cell phone. I'm going to put together a first aid kit one of these days, but I'm in no huge hurry.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
MeinGlänzendMotorrad said:
Well, yeah, and? A lot of people everywhere carry them, where legal. And sometimes where not...

I typically just carry my stock tools, my Ruger, and a cell phone. I'm going to put together a first aid kit one of these days, but I'm in no huge hurry.
===============

So let me understand this, in your state, you can just carry around a gun? or have it stored in your compartment on your bike?

Its just odd to us here, I mean you are going right to jail......

Sorry, but we have a tough state I guess...

On the topic, I carry a bag with Change in it(meters, water needed who knows), the kit, my cell phone, my reg, insurance...

ARRA

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kevin_stevens said:
AAA membership with the motorcycle addendum; and a cell phone. I don't worry about tools or a first aid kit. There's just not much you can fix on a modern bike by the side of the road; and all bleeding stops eventually.

On overnight or longer trips I'll carry a tire plug kit as well.

KeS
How do you inflate the tire after plugging it?

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
MeinGlänzendMotorrad said:

yep..

when i carry i just bring my keltec p32. its small and fits in my jacket pocket.. and will do the job if i ever need it to... (hopefully never)

i also carry zip ties, my yamaha tool kit and a CO2 cartridge kit, and extra cartridges in case i get a flat, along with a plug kit.

·
Registered
584 Posts
My bike has a little tool kit under the seat. Other than that, not much.

Kinda scary when you think about the fact that I ride around on a 20 year old sport bike. lol.

Scott

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
i usually just put my cell phone in my jacket...i have a few tow shops numbers in there and anyone else that i might need to call should anything happen, i dont carry anything else because unlike more modern bikes, my seat isnt locked down, it has bolts that hold it down....and ive never gone far enough away from home where if something did happen like a flat, that i couldnt just call someone with a truck

·
Old school fool
1994 CB 1000
5,725 Posts
You know it's funny, I was just thinking about this.

I carry a celphone, in my jacket pocket and I think everyone else should too, especially if you ride alone. I've heard too many stories of guys blasting themselves off into the brush and then not getting found for a hours or days. That's pretty scary if you think about it.

Under the seat, I think everyone should carry a cargo net - you never know when you need to strap something onto the back. But like some other guys pointed out a first aid kit or tools is probably too much. Unless you are an EMT or a mechanic those things probably won't be of much use anyhow.

If I was going a long way, rain gear in my tank bag. I also make sure I have some spare money too.

Otherwise, I just make sure I wear a pair of fresh underwear, 'cause like your momma told you, you never know when you might be going to the hospital...

·
UMMM BEER!!!!
2,775 Posts
Carrying

Tool kit that came with the bike, cell phone, and my good buddy glock and his 14 friends.:banana

·
Registered
160 Posts
Cell phone, tire plug kit, rain gear...and my Kel-Tek .380 ACP (whenever I'm not going somewhere that I can't carry)

So let me understand this, in your state, you can just carry around a gun? or have it stored in your compartment on your bike?

Its just odd to us here, I mean you are going right to jail......

Sorry, but we have a tough state I guess...
Here in PA we have to have a concealed carry permit, but they HAVE TO issue one if the applicant passes a background check.

You need to get out of commiefornia! I think it's bad enough that I need to be licensed to exercise a constitutional right.

-Joe-

·
Registered
3,717 Posts

Windrunner .408 XM04 and cell phone.

"Excuse me sir but could you wait a moment so I can assemble my rifle to put a round through your engine block?" "No? Well you have under one minute to get outside of 1000 yards."

·
Shitbike
9,822 Posts
Little Joe said:
Here in PA we have to have a concealed carry permit, but they HAVE TO issue one if the applicant passes a background check.
PA is an open carry state. You can carry a gun on your hip (as long as it's not concealed) without a permit. But that's just asking for harassment from LEOs and unarmed liberals.

Concealment is better anyway.

You need to get out of commiefornia! I think it's bad enough that I need to be licensed to exercise a constitutional right.

-Joe-
+1000

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
i havent figured out why everyone carries a gun when they ride....is it REALLY that bad where you live? i mean.....if i lived where i grew up i'd probably be carrying one, but where im at now theres no need for it...

·
Shitbike
9,822 Posts
CBRAWR said:
i havent figured out why everyone carries a gun when they ride....is it REALLY that bad where you live? i mean.....if i lived where i grew up i'd probably be carrying one, but where im at now theres no need for it...
Two weeks ago a man in my neighborhood was shot while sitting in his car.

It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Even if I lived in a better area, I'd still carry it.

:edit

A big part of it is the fact that I could be stranded anywhere in the state on any given weekend, without cell service in an unfamiliar area. That's when I'd rather be able to defend myself.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.