Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Rides (A) Naked
325 Posts
You still have the factory tail light on there right? It doesn't look like you have a tail light at all, but the red bike with red tail lights is kinda hard to tell.

I like the front signals though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
driftin240 said:
You still have the factory tail light on there right? It doesn't look like you have a tail light at all, but the red bike with red tail lights is kinda hard to tell.

I like the front signals though.
no it comes with LED lights in it.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
How bright are those LED tails? I've seen worse ways of mounting the plate, some people around here with undertail kits have the plates mounted up by the rear shock so you can barely see the plate at all and the cops here don't even bother. So as long as they can see the tabs and the plate number, if anything you might have to bend the mount the other way.

·
How You Ride? "BIG TYME"
225 Posts
browning303 said:
what do u guys think of my new undertail kit and front signal lights?

Do yourself a favor and get a tire hugger to protect your new undertail. Looks good. :cheers

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
+1^^^:eek:nfloor

·
Registered
91 Posts
details on that undertail... I have the same bike (same color, etc). did the front signals already (triple six, recommended in another room around here somewhere), Zero G windshield, carbon fier triple tree cover... Did that undertail require any cutting? where did it come from? I want one! :boink

·
Registered
239 Posts
check 58cycle.com for the tire hugger

as for the mods...I really don't care for the front signals, I think they look just as big as the factory ones if not b*****...but the undertail looks awesome. What was the total price for the paint? About $150ish? I really want that undertail but I just can't justify that price for paint.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CandyFireZZRed said:

as for the mods...I really don't care for the front signals, I think they look just as big as the factory ones if not b*****...but the undertail looks awesome. What was the total price for the paint? About $150ish? I really want that undertail but I just can't justify that price for paint.

the paint cost me about 140 from color rite but im sure you cant get it from somewhere else cheaper than that...

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
CandyFireZZRed said:

Just for everyones information the Mototeck website states that the Metallic Red will not be available for 4 to 6 weeks. http://mototeck.com/index_en.html

Ebony Black is already available from MOTOTECK. I have the paint matched under tail in Galaxy Silver with amber LED's and clear lenses. By the time you get done with shipping of an unpainted under tail and the base coat, color coat and clear coat from color-rite, then having the under tail painted you could be looking at $450.00 to $500.00. Have you guys priced color-rite paint? Not very cost effective IMO. The MOTOTECK under tail already painted will run you $249.99 plus shipping.

This is for all you new guys switching out your stock turn signals that have filament bulbs for ones that have LED's. Just so you know your going to run into flash rate problems with the stock turn signal flasher relay. It will have to be switched out with a electronic flasher relay so the turn signals will flash at the proper rate. You will also need a load equalizer or load resistor to put enough resistance on the electronic flasher relay so it will flash at the proper rate. Have fun:) Jay

·
Registered
91 Posts
Rocket - you read my mind and a question for a future post once I got the chance to take pics... I had front stalks taken off this past weekend and replaced with the turn six leds... They blink really fast and I was going to ask about this... Where do you get the electronic flasher relay and the load equalizer to make them blank at a normal rate? I had the dealer stealer put them on with my 600 mile service this past weekend because I am scared to take the fearings off..... and what is involved with replacing these parts?

ZZRrocket said:
This is for all you new guys switching out your stock turn signals that have filament bulbs for ones that have LED's. Just so you know your going to run into flash rate problems with the stock turn signal flasher relay. It will have to be switched out with a electronic flasher relay so the turn signals will flash at the proper rate. You will also need a load equalizer or load resistor to put enough resistance on the electronic flasher relay so it will flash at the proper rate. Have fun:) Jay

·
Registered
91 Posts
AOk, hopefully the pics will be attached as well... I am pissed. Took her for a ride, got on it a little but, no big deal... Come home and see one of my new signals hanging off by the wires... And the sad part is I paid a dealer to install them? I have never taken the fearings off, but tried today (unsuccessfully). Took the 3 screws off the side, one underneath, and 2 for the ram air... still did not want to come off. In disgust, put it back togethger and will revisit the dealer this weekend... piss poor service, and then to get charged for it. Still need to know what parts I need to get the signals working as they should be (am going to make the dealer pay for it).
but if the pics attached as I hope, you can see the few mods done so far... triple tree cover (carbon fiber), zero g windshield, and cheap signals :fiddy :fiddy

Attachments

1 - 20 of 49 Posts