Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they toss it in the garbage? Do they re-sell it for half price? Do they toss it in the junk drawer just in case they need it later? What?

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Odd question to ask....but to be honest I'm intrigued to know the "factual" answer. I don't think it goes on EBay or anything like that. It is probably just disposed of. Or they use it for research.

When my dad passed away from ALS (Lou Gehrigs Disease) he authorized certain parts of his brain and stem cells and such to be used for research

·
Industrial superstar
722 Posts
I think usually they take them to the lab to check for anything odd like the start of cancer and such and then toss them in with the rest of thier biological waste. I think all bio waste gets burned so there is no chance of disease getting spread.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Some find their way to medical schools for teaching purposes. I don't believe the previous owner has much to say about where they end up.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Shit, if I paid that much (you know that hospital bill ain't cheap!), I'd want it in a jar to take home with me with some preservatives in it.

·
Industrial superstar
722 Posts
lol that would be a great conversation starter, set it up on the mantel.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
it goes in the hospital incinerator to be disposed of w/the rest of the waste after it goes to pathology.

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
i think the person that got the new heart has to eat the old useless one. they don't talk about that aspect of it much because it's so nasty, but it helps the body accept the new heart when it realizes it has just eaten the old one.

this reminds me, i'd love to have a real skull. where you do think i could get a real skull...perferable one that it haunted and screams at night :joke

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
wct097 said:
Shit, if I paid that much (you know that hospital bill ain't cheap!), I'd want it in a jar to take home with me with some preservatives in it.

I have always thought that, If anything happened to me, Kidney Failure, heatr problems, or anything, the old one better be put in a jar so I can keep it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
And the weirdest thread of the year-award goes to...

·
Industrial superstar
722 Posts
Mucho Gonzales said:
this reminds me, i'd love to have a real skull. where you do think i could get a real skull...perferable one that it haunted and screams at night :joke
You can find human bones and crap on e-bay once in awhile. Usually old ones from schools and such

·
Registered
549 Posts
The awful truth...

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
wct097 said:
And I thought I was the only one! I have every intention of keeping anything and everything that is removed from my body. When things start to go downhill, I'll get a little collection going. I just wish I had thought of this when I was a wee little kid so I could have kept my tonsils/adenoids.

Hate to say it though, but I don't think it is handled like taking your car to a mechanic and getting the old parts back. They slice them up in pathology and then it's BBQ time.

The bastards! GIVE ME BACK MY SPLEEN!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have several skulls and many other odds and ends, but I only have two of the screaming ones left.........Can I interest you in a nose that still breathes and makes buggers?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts