Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what those that have done the R6 fork mod paid for the forks, axle, and calipers. Looking at starting to collect the parts and wanted to make sure I didn't get took.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
For everything I think I'm going to end up paying somewhere around $520. Which isn't bad considering what everything would cost brand new, somewhere around $1500.
Anyway, here's a breakdown of cost & parts;

Forks, Calipers, Axle = $270 shipped
Spacer kit from JSA = About $55
New brake pads = $60-$70 (FZ6 pads won't fit)
Shop Work = $130 (had the shop check out the forks & calipers to make sure they were good, changed fork oil and cleaned up calipers while they were at it)

Increased braking Power = Priceless :lao

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
I did mine myself and did it for under $300 including new stainless brake lines. The calipers I bought had brand new pads on them. I also used my own original shim kit that I made when doing all of the R&D work so I didn't have to buy the JSA kit either. If you are savy you should be able to get forks for under $200 and they may even have calipers with them. I recomend getting stainless brake lines which will run about $75 and then the JSA kit which is about $55. If you don't need new pads right away and do the work yourself you can get by for under $350.

·
Respect My Authority!
574 Posts
Forks $182 shipped
Calipers $80 shipped
Lines front and rear $90 shipped
Axle and bolt $35 shipped
Spacer Kit $44 shipped

Total $431 including shipping

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just won all the parts I need off ebay. Wasn't planning on getting them this quick. Oh Well. Now to see what condition they're in.

Calipers: $72.85 shipped
Forks & Axle: $252.50 shipped
Total: $325.35

May have spent a little more on the forks but I felt comfortable with them. Now to get the spacer kit and braided lines. Anyone know of a good place to get the braided lines from?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
taurus574 said:
Just wondering.. with this fork mod, is the front adjustable now?
Yes

·
Registered
194 Posts
oh goodie goodie.. that that is a worth while future mod.. better brakes and full adjustablility.... and not a bad price either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts