Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I'm very interested in purchasing the new FZ6. I have a 1992 Seca II now and the new FZ6 sort of looks similar to it. Anyway, wanted to know what you guys and girls paid for your FZ6 so that i can wheel & deal better when i get to the dealer.
THANKS ALOT

TONY

·
Registered
155 Posts
$6100 out the door price for a blue bike, no freebies or add ons.

edit: My particular bike has been sitting on the showroom floor for 2.5 months, so they had no problem coming down on the bike. :headbang

·
Registered
95 Posts
8200 Canadian. Not sure what that is american, couldn't get much of a deal because they had to put me on a waiting list for 4 months to actually get one.

·
Registered
320 Posts
$6000 base or $6396 out the door, with license, title tax and delivery to my house! (It was raining and I didn't want to ride it home in the rain.) Oddly enough, I didn't even try to bargain on the price...he dropped it without even asking. Maybe I looked poor and he felt sorry for me? Maybe the bike had been sitting for awhile? Slow sales? Who knows. Either way, I was happy with that price.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
If you can find one this late in the year you can get it pretty cheap....lower than MSRP. I bought mine for $7500 OTD with MSRP plus tax, tag, title and extended warranty. That was 2 months ago. Not much competition in this area unless you travel 2-3 hours. This bike has been sold out in this area for atleast a month or month & 1/2.

·
Registered
155 Posts
ZeuSeason said:
If you can find one this late in the year you can get it pretty cheap....lower than MSRP. I bought mine for $7500 OTD with MSRP plus tax, tag, title and extended warranty. That was 2 months ago. Not much competition in this area unless you travel 2-3 hours. This bike has been sold out in this area for atleast a month or month & 1/2.
I know of at least 3 more available out here. I've had similar quotes from those dealers, so they are just trying to move inventory.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I got mine for 7200otd. Cali rapes you on the sales tax, and it was the last one on the floor. They weren't shitting me either. I've been to the store multiple times, and none left.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I got mine for 5000 after trade out the door, with helmet. My trade was 2200. and now i'm feeling like a got jacked on that price....oh well.

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
$7000 OTD with a free $240 helmet. Could have done better but would have had to pay shipping out of state. I'd have paid more if I had to.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here in Norway "we are all happy" to pay $16900 for the bike. That's actually what it costs out on the street from the shop.
(In case You didn't notice 10 grand more than You do)

And YOU talk about "born free, taxed to death" ???

You should be ashamed, (or is it perhaps the norwegian government that should?)

Now I see why the Norwegian blue one's are so fast...............it's because of the price.

:spank

·
Registered
27 Posts
Except for the Norwegian...you all got a better deal than I did. $7750 out the door...it was the ONLY one they had and weren't sure they were going to get anymore. Two weeks before I put the deposit down another girl was lookiing at it but she didn't leave a deposit...lucky me :D The day I went to pick it up, she was there...drooling. I love it!

Good luck finding your bike!

·
Registered
71 Posts
When you say OTD, I am assuming its including sales tax. Since that varies by state/county/city and plates including title work also vary, I paid $5900 before the taxman got me.

·
Registered
155 Posts
j080808 said:
When you say OTD, I am assuming its including sales tax. Since that varies by state/county/city and plates including title work also vary, I paid $5900 before the taxman got me.
Mine was pretax too since you are required to pay your sales tax in cash seperate when you register the bike at the DMV.

·
Registered
6 Posts
$6100 out the door, because in shipping it in the metal crate it developed a tiny scratch on the left side of the frame, hardly even noticable but a much better price than the quoted $6600

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Humm thanks for all the feedback so far..it looks like a fair deal would be somewhere around 6300-6700 OTD. The MSRP is 6500.00, right?
I wonder if you can wheel & deal with accessories (engine guard, cowls, etc) if they dont lower the price to were you want it?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts