Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been calling all the dealerships in my area getting prices on all the FZ6s and how low they are willing to go. So far I have a lowball bid of $5,900 for everything out the door, plus I'm gonna try to convince the guy to throw in a tank bag and some frame sliders. Just curious, what did you all get your '05 fazers for and when? I'm buying the bike tomorrow, so I'd like to get some opinions on the pricing. Some of the dealers are really willing to drop the prices to undercut the other guys. Fun to listen to them dis all their opponents.
:popcorn

·
Registered
105 Posts
Man that's a great deal my shop says 6500 out the door man if i could get it for that price I would be all over it, I would get it for that price are you paying cash or down payment plus charge?

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cash for sure. So $5,900 is a good price for the bike? Anyone else here get it for cheaper?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I got it for 7500 Euros
Included:
- Bike
- Documentation
- Jacket Bering Zenith
- Gloves Bering District
- Shoei XR-1000(RF1000 in the US)
- Disklock
- Larger chainlock
- Yamaha Alarm - YM600
- Frame Sliders

I'll convert the price to USD tomorrow at work.

·
Registered
245 Posts
6.3k with NOTHING, But I financed it and gave 5hd down. But I bought it on 2004 when NO ONE HAd it around here, but we are in the middle of the year and in summer BIKES go up, wait winter or late fall, or better yet get the 06, may be coming on november or october and for what you paying now you could get the 06 in just 4 month, remember after 4 month your new 05 bike has depreciatted, no that I am trying to talk you out, but just couple of month and getting an 06. I will wait( that's just me)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I paid list (6300?), but they threw in the 3 year coverage instead of the traditional nice helmet, since I already had that.

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fz6yamaha said:
6.3k with NOTHING, But I financed it and gave 5hd down. But I bought it on 2004 when NO ONE HAd it around here, but we are in the middle of the year and in summer BIKES go up, wait winter or late fall, or better yet get the 06, may be coming on november or october and for what you paying now you could get the 06 in just 4 month, remember after 4 month your new 05 bike has depreciatted, no that I am trying to talk you out, but just couple of month and getting an 06. I will wait( that's just me)
Cant wait, I'll be in school in a couple months.

·
Registered
291 Posts
You guys don't know how good you have it. I was bent over for mine in 04 and I paid cash, but I really wanted it, so you know how that goes. CA is notoriously bad for pricing. If I remember correctly, it ended up closer to 7500 OTD.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
bugduc said:
You guys don't know how good you have it. I was bent over for mine in 04 and I paid cash, but I really wanted it, so you know how that goes. CA is notoriously bad for pricing. If I remember correctly, it ended up closer to 7500 OTD.
Me too, sadly.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Price

Mine was right at $6,390 OTD I think. If you've got one lined up for $5,900, that's going to be hard to beat I'd say. Go for it!

·
Registered
457 Posts
When y'all say OTD, does that include TTL, or just price and setup? If your OTD includes TTL, then I really did not get enough lubricant.

·
Registered
686 Posts
AirForceTeacher said:
When y'all say OTD, does that include TTL, or just price and setup? If your OTD includes TTL, then I really did not get enough lubricant.

more than likely, the setup fee, along with the other fees, were waived, so basically they paid a discounted price plus tax??

I wouldn't know though, since my invoice was closer to $8k, than $6k.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Paid $7729 which included tax, license and a new FF helmet. They were so hard to get in early to mid 04 SoCal that nobody had them and they weren't dealing at all. I saw a butt ugly dark gray 05 at a dealer in Fresno for just under 8K.

Hawk

·
Registered
41 Posts
about a month ago the best price I could find around Atl was around 6800 OTD. never got around to discussing freebees... picked up a used 2004 with about 2100 miles for 4850. I hate dealers... love buying from private owners that seem honest... Having said that, if the 5900 OTD is real then grab it. but make sure they dont try an weesel in last minute fees and junk like that. some dealers are real sleezy...

ps. make sure you tell us how your experience was... THIS FORUM ROCKS!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I got mine for $6200 out-the-door this past April....that included all fees, etc but not license fee. That $11 was paid to the county directly. They weren't as willing to deal since it was start of season and they had sold 6 R6s the day before.

·
Registered
75 Posts
On Long Island I went to a few dealers.
One wanted $8500 OTD I showed up with $7000 cash,
they wouldn't let it go for less than $8200
I ended up paying $7000 OTD at another dealer.

$5900 is a steal

·
Registered
74 Posts
My $6,435 did not include sales tax. That price OTD was the negotiated price plus dealer prep. The total price with sales tax ($496) was $6,981. Getting the license plate for it was an additional $130 (the property tax).

I had seen prices quoted on this board vary anywhere from $5900 to $6400.

The first dealer had one blue bike only so I went after this one knowing it was the faster bike. I split the difference in what I'd seen quoted on the boards here and told them I'd give them $6150 + their fees. My goal was to keep the total cost <$7000 when I went in the door.

After I made my offer, the salesman disappeared behind a door where he and the owner either talked about whether they'd sell it at that price or snickered for 10 minutes. (don't you hate that "salesman always has to go discuss it with someone thing"?)

The other dealer I had talked to had one silver bike only and it was marked at $6,600 with no prep fees and he refused to budge on his price.

As I was writing my check, they tried to sell me the VIP Service Plan. When they said $995, I thought I'd choke. I passed on their generous offer.

Like I said, if you've got someone offering you $5,900 with no setup fees then you've got a good deal. If that includes sales tax, I'd run, not walk back to pick it up.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I paid a the equivalent of a mighty $8900 in England(7315 Euro, 11500 Aus $, 77058 Ethiopian Birr). That's what we get for living on a frickin' island..... Do I win a prize? :bitchslap

1 - 20 of 44 Posts