Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 551 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A running thread for those that either don't want to make their own separate build thread (or resurrect one), want to keep tabs on how multiple projects are going, as well as a place just to say "I rode today" or "I changed my oil". Pictures welcome. I love pictures. :)

-Christian

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally got around to getting the suspension off the bike for a LONG overdue refresh. Just need to wrap it all and ship it out.

DucShop 30mm offset triples
DucShop linear rear link
Sato Racing rear ride height adjuster
Öhlins FGRT-819 forks
Öhlins TTX36 rear shock

Should be a good time next season. :)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Finally got around to getting the suspension off the bike for a LONG overdue refresh. Just need to wrap it all and ship it out.

DucShop linear rear link
Öhlins FGRT-819 forks
Öhlins TTX36 rear shock

Your going to love the new confidence found in those Ohlins mid corner on the gas ;)

Me, lubed the chain and rode it! Didn't need to adjust chain length, I was still at my 50mm length.

·
Supersquid
1,127 Posts

DucShop linear rear link
Öhlins FGRT-819 forks
Öhlins TTX36 rear shock

hope you spelled my address right

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Absolutely nothing. Today was the first day in a long time that I didn't even ride it to work.

I'm picking up a spare front wheel w/rotors for it tomorrow though. That will complete my track wheel set so I can have dedicated track tires on those wheels and dedicated street tires on my current wheels.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Not a darn thing, but that race header is sitting in my bedroom, killing me. I want to install it!

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Drained the oil Christmas. Drained some after-drip Thursday (maybe half a quart, impressive) and filled up with some full synthetic...third oil change and still haven't seen my 'maintenance' light come on. Today I didn't even move it to get my car out, drove the ladies car to work and let that thing sleep in. Tomorrow, its day one of a 450 mile trip. Sunday is part two, then its back to riding her to work every day like it should be, and punk ass car watches me ride away while it goes back to sleep, neglected and ignored.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
nothing. I've been out of work for a full month.

I DID find a mechanic to work on it though. right now he's getting his heavy duty/ag ticket.
I asked what he did before.
he hauled out a Red Seal Journeyman Automotive ticket, and a Masters Ticket in Small Engine/recreational vehicles.

Yeah. dude is in his mid 30s. I asked what he wanted to do valves and a 50,000km service on both my bikes.
when he found out what they were, he laughed and said " a case of beer. any more is overpaying me"

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Well, it's more like what did the City do to my bike today? Came outside from work and saw that they blasted it with paint while painting some parking spots. Paint crew said the City is totally responsible and will fully compensate for repairs. We'll see. :hissy
WHAT. . .THE. . .FUCK. . .!

I'd be on the fucking warpath.

·
Supersquid
1,127 Posts
Well, it's more like what did the City do to my bike today? Came outside from work and saw that they blasted it with paint while painting some parking spots. Paint crew said the City is totally responsible and will fully compensate for repairs. We'll see. :hissy

View attachment 227513

View attachment 227521

View attachment 227529

View attachment 227537
sell the fairings on ebay " custom one of a kind airbrushed splatter effect"

don't underestimate the stupidity of people....

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Yesterday: Installed K&N air filter and carbs from being rebuilt. Fired right up and immediately came off choke. I had to nurse it off before. I installed new sprockets as well.

Today: Going to have my dad cut the current chain off (no master link) and we'll install an RK X ring chain.

Only thing left after that is clutch springs and an oil change. I did spark plugs and wires a few weeks ago. I'm also loving this 45-55 degree weather.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
They must be really bad at painting. I wonder what their 'work' looks like. And why would you paint in Sacramento in the end of December?

1 - 20 of 551 Posts