Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back into riding last month. I have a friends ninja while he is recovering from a broken leg. I decided to put a air filter in. I took the tank off installed the filter put the tank back on. I wake up this morning and there is gas on the garage floor looks like its mixed with oil. At first I thought it was just oil till I put my finger in it and its gas with a oil color. The bike has been running without problem (just 7K on the clock). I wish I knew about this board so I could ask how to take the tank off. (Didn't seem that hard)
All I did was unbolt it and I set it up vertical for about 5 min. I didn't even ride it afterwards. I can understand how gas would leak, but the brown colored oil looking gas is scaring me, this isn't even my bike. it all seemd to collect under the kickstand. What could it be?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Maybe the gas leaked down and dripped over other crud on its way down, like chain oil built up, the gas dissolved it and drained down with it forming the puddle down by the kickstand. I dont think you could've caused an oil leak so this seems like the only thing that could happen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, I just got off the phone with my friend and told him, he said the same thing, but I'm still worried. (More then he seemed to be.)

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
have you checked the oil level on the bike since then??? If it is fine and it runs fine, take it to the car wash and wash that shit. then take it home let it sit and see if you can see anything. I'll bet it is/was built up crud that got dissolved. but, wash it and see if it will make you feel better. check the oil level first though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts