Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I am wondering what kind of car you will need to beat the really fast motorcycles like Ninja ZX-10R, Ducatis, GSXRs, etc. Like the fastest superbikes in the 1000cc+ that scream down the freeway.

I am over the M3 and it doesn't deliver the excitement of the motorcycle. People know I didn't buy the car with my money so there's no pride to have it. My dad had the upper hand to put me into a car that was less powerful than I originally wanted because I wasn't getting any many job interviews at the time

So I am going to try to negotiate for a faster car if they really want to keep me off the motorcycle. And I'm working really hard to get a new job that can pay at least $40k a year so I can afford the bike and have my own place. My mom admits she could easily buy a new Lamborghini if she wanted to and sounded serious she could make it happen. She could be getting my hopes up, so I have to actually be on my own and have a bike. So I am going to negotiate to my parents to just give up and let me have the bike or put me into the car of my dreams that can keep up or beat the fastest super bikes in the $15-20 grand range.

I won't get any crazy superbike for a first, but something like a commuter sport bike like a Ninja 650r. But I want to know what car I will need to keep up or beat the fastest super bikes on the road. And deliver that thrill of a super bike.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
mommy's gonna go buy you a lambo is she?

that's a ~$200,000 dollar investment, to keep you off a bike.

I call bullshit. right now.

Reactions: MINI NSX

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm not ungrateful, but I just think I was cheated from this car deal because at first it was any sport car I wanted in the budget range of $60-80 grand. Then when I proposed to get this used Porsche GT3 which was in the price range, my dad said it was too fast. We went to the Porsche dealership, but my dad would only consider the Boxter which is really slow and has no thrill at all. It's only for people who want to say they have a Porsche that performs like a Toyota sedan.

So... the whole too fast thing kind of made the getting any sport car pointless. I would propose the Ariel Atom which is $60 grand and can beat about every exotic except the Bugatti Veyron which is $1 million. But I know it won't work because it is an open car design with no doors, windows, etc.

I'd be fine owning my own Ford Escape & a Ninja 650R.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I'm bored, so I'll play.

Good luck beating a halfway decent rider on a modern superbike in a freeway straight line "frumroll" with anything less than a TT'd Gallardo, TT'd SRT-10, ~12-1400 rwhp MKIV Supra, or an 1000+ awhp R35 GT-R.

$150-250k used from someone who is selling their highway monster/Texas Mile toy would be a good start.

If by chance you actually do own an M3 and its an E46, get your folks to send it to Horsepower Freaks up in Portland, OR with a check for about $50k. That'll get you 1k rwhp on race fuel & meth.

/troll feeding time

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I still vote troll.

Also, you'd need a 9 second car to beat a litre bike in a straight line these days. unless you put some real work in, you aren't gonna do that, cause you aren't buyin a 9 second car out of the box. Anorxic: good luck getting a 1,000hp supra to hook. they're notorious for showing up with dyno numbers and then not racing, cause they can't hook for shit.

Reactions: MINI NSX

·
Registered
905 Posts
My parents were kind enough to buy me an 85 S-10 as my first vehicle and I was thrilled. Had I ever said I was "cheated" my dad would have soaked it with gas and threw a match on it and asked me if I still felt cheated.

You are an ungrateful, spoiled ass little brat. Now shut the fuck up about this shit and grow up.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
According to Wiki there's two 9 second production STOCK 'proper' cars. (Liter bikes and Hyper bikes run high 9s to low 10s with a pro riding)

Tell your mom & dad you want Bugatti Veyron Super Sport or a McLaren P1. 2.5 mill and 1.15 mill, respectively. I'm sure they'll run right out and get you one...

Don't let them cheap out on you with a meager $450,000 Aventador. The faster liter bikes and hyperbikes will eat it. WE COULDN'T HAVE THAT! :dodgy

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
My parents were kind enough to buy me an 85 S-10 as my first vehicle and I was thrilled. Had I ever said I was "cheated" my dad would have soaked it with gas and threw a match on it and asked me if I still felt cheated.

You are an ungrateful, spoiled ass little brat. Now shut the fuck up about this shit and grow up.

Lucky you.

I've bought my sister 2 vehicles, gave my brother a truck, and helped my parents with 1 of theirs.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Lucky you.

I've bought my sister 2 vehicles, gave my brother a truck, and helped my parents with 1 of theirs.
Damn right, I was very lucky and I am well aware of it. You will never hear me say otherwise. My parents were not rich but they did what they could and I am very grateful.

I think it's great what you are doing for your family. We need more of that in this world. I'm sick of the "it's all about me" attitudes.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Anorxic: good luck getting a 1,000hp supra to hook. they're notorious for showing up with dyno numbers and then not racing, cause they can't hook for shit.
It's all in the setup. I've been around quite a few of the big power Soups before getting into bikes. Some of those guys had enough money in their suspension/"street tire" setup that dwarfs my parts & track total with the Duc.

But totally agree with you. The majority of people think just throwing 1000 hp at a Supra = 9's, which is why they eventually make their way into doing highway roll-ons only, lol.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
My first car was a Suzuki LJ50, 540cc three cylinders of howling two stroke fury. Very slow good fun though.

I suggest a few advanced driving classes I highly doubt you are good enough to run a E46 to its potential.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well, an m3 in competent hands would annihilate you on a 650r.
Okay, well I know the 650r is not the fastest bike. I want a sport commuter so I can actually enjoy the ride because people tell me those super sport bikes with the low hunch position get uncomfortable after an hour. If I was serious about getting a 1000cc super bike, you'll guys think I'm crazy and I know I'm not ready for that yet.

But anyways, can we just stick to the topic and just tell me which cars can beat the fastest superbike out there? I don't get why you guys think the M3 is such a big deal. It's really not that big of a deal, I know high school kids with mechanic type jobs who have used BMWs they fix up just to drift.

·
Registered
278 Posts

+1

My first car was a cavalier station wagon ... Bought off my dad for $600 ... 4 speed babe magnet :)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts