Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out that someone was able to fit a Kryptonite Cablelock 20mm 6' in their R6 trunk. I was just wondering if anyone was able to do the same for the FZ6? and whether it was with the tool kit, or anything else in there?

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I've never fit squat in there, I hesitate to call it a trunk. I was able to strap in a pressure guage, but that's it...

By the way, the manual states to not put anything in there heavier than about 3 lbs.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Holds my power commander...

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only reason I refer to it is a trunk is because I don't like typing underseat storage compartment everytime I'm talking about it... but yeah, it's not really a 'trunk'.

I was just wondering if anyone was able to fit the Kryptonite 20mm cable lock under the seat like the R6. I don't have one, but was contemplating on whether it would actually fit in the FZ6, since we have the underseat exhaust taking up 'trunk' space.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I have a first aid kit, jumper cables, tool kit, and some rope. There's about one square inch left.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
you might be able to fit the cable in there depending on how long it is, but you'd probably end up needing to take out the tool kit for it to fit.

At the moment I have 2 tool kits, Scorpio Alarm w/ parimeter sensor & anti-hijack, backoff brake light modulator, and a 12V lighter style socket under there. I don't think there's room for anything esle at all.
But I also have a can of "fix-a-flat" strapped to the cross bar of the center stand and the yamaha tail bag. I've been doing my best to make the bike my primary mode of transportation.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
The chain/lock is probably heavier than specifications technically allow whether it fits or not.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the Givi v46 trunk - and to my surprise I fit a bag of ice, 2 packages of Heavy duty paper plates (50 plates each) and a large package of those Solo 12oz party cups, and still had an extra bungie, my kryptonite 6 foot lock, a kickstand puck, and an extra set of gloves. :)

·
Registered
777 Posts
I plan to do the disc brake lock instead of a cable. Much less room needed.
If ya wanna CARRY stuff a tail trunk is in order...(where are the bungies lol)

·
Registered
898 Posts
All I keep in mine is the tool kit my registration/insurance/owners manual and a small knife. I will proabl get a small first aid kit here soon.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Tie down and a hat most of the time.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
I have a 8' Master Lock Python Lock that just fit with the tool kit. I use my tank bag for just about everything. Why you so grumpy again Jay? You should be happy since you will soon be recieving your gold zip ties. Had to fit a reference to them in here somewhere.

·
Street racing hooligan
146 Posts
I've got an alarm, power commander, scott oiler, tool kit and disc lock under my seat.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Somebody (who rebuilds HDs) told me that a Scott oiler wouldn't do me much good because with an 0-ring chain, the oil should sit on the warmed chain for a bit, but a Scott will just add to the fling instead. I'm still contemplating this, since he can be a bit of a crank (about helmet laws, for example).

·
Street racing hooligan
146 Posts
My chain is really clean, all owing to the Scott oiler, it's been on for 13,000 miles and still running strong. I've never had to lube it manually, so I'm afraid your friend may be talking BS, you can ajust the flow rate adding / reducing the fling rate. But I'm happy with this as with every drop of lube that's flung it takes some crap with it and keeps the chain healthy.

I'm really happy with mine as I can just forget about it.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
I was seriously thinking of the Scott oiler also, but came to a conclusion that for that same reason of forgetting about it will make me "not" check the condition of the chain on a regular basis. Lubing the chain every 600 miles isn't that difficult.

·
Street racing hooligan
146 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I check over the whole bike every time I wash it, which is usually about 2 - 3 times a week. Electrics, fluids, mechanics, tyres etc.

The other thing as well is that I travelled 800 miles the other week when I was visiting family / friends, it was nice knowing that the whole journey the chain was being lubed all the way.

Looking to replace the chain soon anyway, not because it needs it, but because I want to do a 15 - 50 tooth sprocket conversion.

·
A Joy to Ride
153 Posts
Once you have an FZ6, there is really only one other thing than tools you need and can fit under your seat.......

...condoms. :banana :banana

1 - 20 of 35 Posts