Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
Dulop D208's are pretty good, Pirelli makes some real nice tires too. there is a nice tire test article here on SBN, search for it

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
szamudio said:
what brand of tires is the best for longer rides and hard riding?
long rides and hard riding are often mutually exclusive. Most people define long rides by going long distances in straight lines, and most also define hard riding by lots of turns. I just got mine a 1000 miles ago, but I'm pretty happy with my Metzeler Z6's. I've heard I can expect up to 10K miles on them. That would be exactly twice as much as I had on my old Sportmax's and I haven't noticed any less traction in the corners. They are dual compound so you get soft edges and a harder center to hopefully get the "good" of both worlds, although not the absolute best of either.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
Z6's work well for me, I don't do alot of commuting but I get about 8k out of the rear tire which IMO is great, and they work well in the twisties.

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
I had Dunlop D207s on the F4i for a little bit, hated them, they sucked. Now I run Pirelli Diablo Corsas, great tire, but you won't get more then 4k out of em, even taking it easy. However, the new Diablo Strada is out now, anyone got experience with the dual compound?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've got a Shenko Raven on my rear and I love it. The grip is great and I hear the tread life is awesome. It's also a great tire in the rain. The price is wonderful, too. I say check them out.

-AJ

·
Canyon Assault Vehicle
1,299 Posts
Another vote for the Metzeler Z6...I have them on my SV1000, and they are great in the aggressive twisties as well as in the wet. They wear like iron, yet they haven't slipped on me yet, even when pushed WAY over.

·
Official E-Thug
1,689 Posts
szamudio said:
what brand of tires is the best for longer rides and hard riding?
If you need to ask.............. you wont notice a difference no matter what you put on

Maybe you could read through the 40 or so threads about tires put up in the last 5 days.... someone just put up a thread about like 20 different kinds of tires in fact....

SEARCHING ROCKS!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Im loving my new pilot powers! Only got about 500 miles on them and they grip like no other when in the twisties..I rounded my sides over and they still stuck like glue! They are amazing got them for $224 shipped to my door from Tireexpress.com they have a package deal!

·
Official E-Thug
1,689 Posts
"rounded my sides over"

I have no idea what that means.. anyone else?

do they look like this now ?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts