Sport Bikes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i got my bike ive gotten helmet coat ect.. The boots is the last piece on my list i have no idea if i should buy a real motorcycle boot or just buy a casual boot from any shoe store.. I guess what im asking is.. is it worth the extra money for look? Or does a motorcycle boot do more then the ordinary shoe.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
paulb said:
The boots is the last piece on my list i have no idea if i should buy a real motorcycle boot or just buy a casual boot from any shoe store.. I guess what im asking is.. is it worth the extra money for look? Or does a motorcycle boot do more then the ordinary shoe.
Unfortunately, lots of riders up here are only in below-ankle sneakers. Ankle and lower foot injuries are the worst. Speaking from experience.

It's certainly worth the $! The costs is mostly of function and form, not looks. That's just the marketing piece of it. You can get boots that have a subtle, casual look that might be acceptable at your place of employment, like my Oxtars (sorry no pic). I plan on getting a pair of Sidis or A*s soon, something that's a little more rugged.

Motorcycle boots are certainly more than the ordinary shoe. You have to use the right tool for the job, no? I'll never ride w/o my boots.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mikem317 said:
Motorcycle boots are certainly more than the ordinary shoe. You have to use the right tool for the job, no? I'll never ride w/o my boots.
THanks alot just the part where you said use the right tool for the job, made sence to me and it is better buying equipment made and tested for that exact job..

thanks man

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
paul I was in the same situation as you till I got my alpinestar boots a few days ago.

I was putting off buying them cuz they're $195 but after reading about ankle injuries I told my wife I need them.

:)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MT Wallet said:
paul I was in the same situation as you till I got my alpinestar boots a few days ago.

I was putting off buying them cuz they're $195 but after reading about ankle injuries I told my wife I need them.

:)
thanks for the info, accept the main reason im holding back from buying is the price in canada boots go for twice as much infact all the equipment go for more here reg. price here is 299$ for normal boots. but i made up my mind and going for them, might as well spend money on it now

thanks again

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
paulb said:
thanks for the info, accept the main reason im holding back from buying is the price in canada boots go for twice as much infact all the equipment go for more here reg. price here is 299$ for normal boots. but i made up my mind and going for them, might as well spend money on it now

thanks again
yeah I thought it's cheaper in the long run....sorta like insurance for your body.

If I get hurt and cannot work it'll cost more than the boots. Good luck with whatever you choose! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts