Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
I want to get an affordable street bike. I would really appreciate opinions. Novice rider, I have a little experience on the street. And a decent amount off road.

These bikes all appear to be in good shape according to the sellers. And pictures they look good. And all about the same price.

looking for something pretty easy to ride comfortably and maintain. I don’t mind routine maintenance type of stuff, but I don’t want to be tinkering with it all the time. Nice easier levers, throttle easy to hold, and easy clutch a plus.

And parts available something to consider? I don’t see these bikes needing parts anytime soon, but it only takes one you can’t get. I think there all popular bikes though. they all looked to be garage kept

Kawasaki CSR 1000. 1982 I think. Great shape very low miles.

Suzuki GS 500E great shape not sure of miles

Honda Shadow 600 1993 bobber. Newer tires. Newer paint. Looks nice. Runs good sat last year so needs carb cleaning to be daily but runs good.

98 Yamaha virago with gear. To note on this one- it does say “not sure when it ran last”. May be a divorce type of thing as it includes gear but I don’t know.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,890 Posts
GS500E, that's a proper first bike.

1982 kawasaki... parts will be a PITA, and IIRC those still have points & condenser... You need a reliable bike that allows you to develop riding skills, not wrenching skills, same goes for the Virago.

The bobber... I'd pass just because it's been modified; only Dog knows how the mods were done and what is really underneath all of them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thank you. And the gs500 e is very clean also. It’s still for sale.
Is that position more difficult on the back as far as compression movements? I haven’t ridden a crotch rocket type bike. But this one almost looks more touring style. But I don’t really know what I’m talking about lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts