Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright the noob is about to post. I am sure there is more than one thread on here in regards to this matter but I want to be selfish and make it detailed towards my exact situation. I got work today that I am not deploying later this year. I am still planning on selling my bike ASAP but now only cause I want something b*****. I have been riding for about a year now not lay overs or accidents (knock on wood). I am about 245lbs so the 600 isn't cutting it for me anymore. I enjoy the occasional twisties but I really love torque and acceleration. I think I want to venture from the sport bike to the naked bikes. I really like the speed triple, and this year the aprilia seems to be the king. I want something more comfortable to ride than the 600rr, something that has a lot of bottom end, nimble and not stupid expensive. I will be definitely buying used. So what should I be looing for? Make,model, year?

Thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
You already named the two best naked big bikes for your size and weight; wherever you get the best deal. Dunno about the Aprilia's reliability though; Italian bikes can be finicky and service on the V-4 might be difficult and expensive. Bike magazine tests like the Aprilia but say the seat is not easy on the butt. A well-maintained Speed Triple has bags of low end torque and after-market bling abounds. If buying used check when the valve service is due cos valve shim adjustment can be expensive ($600-$800).

·
Registered
971 Posts
Kawasaki ZRX. They were in production 2001-2008. Bad ass if you like classic naked super bikes, and they're going to be in the 3-5K range depending on year, condition, etc.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
The Speed Triple is hardly the fastest bike on Earth, but it's certainly a ton of fun. I hate being the kind of person that brags about their bike, but I love that silly bike.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Rc51

·
Registered
357 Posts
Fast bike

The Speed Triple is hardly the fastest bike on Earth, but it's certainly a ton of fun. I hate being the kind of person that brags about their bike, but I love that silly bike.

Anything that runs in the 10 sec range in the quarter mile is a f**king fast bike! A racetrack is needed to explore the limits of performance without going to jail. There is always a faster bike, but off the racetrack it is irrelevant; the fun factor is what counts on the street. Btw I like the tasteful mods!

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
pick a bike that YOU like the looks of and get it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts