Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wonder what everyone is running for sprockets I am going from a 14-42 combo to a 14-44 combo on my 1996 7r its a 520 conversoin.

Just curious if anybody has used this combo before or not

·
Capo di tuti Capi
287 Posts
I am installing this weekend a 15t/43t combo with a AFAM front sprocket and a Renthal rear sprocket and a DID 520 x-ring chain.

Stone

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just ordered a 15/45 with 520 chain for my 03 ZX750, hope to have it on by this weekend. MY Pilots come in today and my front turn signals(Gregg's Customs) come in this week also. Looks like i am pretty much set after this week with my bike. Once i get my new sporcke and chain on i will post back with my thoughts on it

www.360riders.com

·
Registered
145 Posts
Do pls, I'm finally getting around to putting a 520 conversion on. Just got my Clear Altn. led taillight, pretty sweat, but I need fronts. I saw the Greggs Customs, just wandering how bright they are.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yeah, mine should be here this coming week, got a different rear sprocket, not the Vortex one. All this and my undertail coming also, I'll post some pics of the conversion. Would be putting on a 7RR tail, but someone else got it....I'm NOT happy. see other thread.

·
Registered
209 Posts
KMW ZX7R said:
hey blue u get this on yet i need some feedback i wanna do the same 520 conv.
not yet it should be tomorrow, tues, i will probably be putting it on like thurs or friday, i am moving this week also, so my time is pretty much taken up by that, but i will let you know how it goes

·
Registered
118 Posts
bluezx7r said:
not yet it should be tomorrow, tues, i will probably be putting it on like thurs or friday, i am moving this week also, so my time is pretty much taken up by that, but i will let you know how it goes
thanx let me know i got the chain DID x ring now i need 520 sprockets prob renthal ones

·
Registered
209 Posts
KMW ZX7R said:
thanx let me know i got the chain DID x ring now i need 520 sprockets prob renthal ones
i just got done putting them on, i got the JT sprockets in steel, everything went great, the old front sprocket was a bitch to get off, but only because the nut was so tight. but other than that, it is awesome, the chain is perfectly aligned and so smooth. plus with the 15-45 the front is so happy to come up on demand, sometimes even on it's own! I don't know how well the Rental's will work but probably pretty good, they have a very good reputation. I also went with a DID X-Ring 110 tooth, perfect fit and finish, had to use a clamp on the master link to get the two halves to go together, but it probably holds better that way anyway.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have had the 520 conv. for about 2 chains now. Stock front +2 rear, or 16/45 pulls noticably harder than stock.

·
Registered
209 Posts
i got them at a local shop, but they used parts 411, or parts unlimited to get them, and for the chain, sprockets, and fork tube seals(kawasaki), i paid right at 200.00, i do get a ten percent discount, but it doesn't help much

1 - 20 of 21 Posts