Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
www.getrenegade.com
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '96 F3 has two hoses w/ plastic tips (look kinda like deer whistles) on the ends that mount in the opening under the headlight and run to the engine somewhere. They look like maybe crankcase breathers or maybe emissions stuff of some sort? I looked in the repair manual with no success on finding out what they are!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Those hoses pressurize the carbs on an F3 (I believe). If you take them out, the bike will run like crap over 5k RPMs. Leave them there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Right, it was part of the equalization for the "new" (back then) ram air. You definately do not want to remove them or high end will become crap.

·
Registered
40 Posts
yea i have a 97' F3, and i took my bike apart to fix an electrical problem, and when i went to go put those 2 hoses back together, i completely forget how to screw them in so that they stick out of the 2 gaps under the headlights...u think u can take a picture of how yours is screwed in..maybe im missing something, thanx.

·
www.getrenegade.com
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CBR-MIaMI said:
yea i have a 97' F3, and i took my bike apart to fix an electrical problem, and when i went to go put those 2 hoses back together, i completely forget how to screw them in so that they stick out of the 2 gaps under the headlights...u think u can take a picture of how yours is screwed in..maybe im missing something, thanx.
I'm not sure how the go together either b/c I did the same thing. Took it apart couldn't figure out what to do w/ the hoses. One of them came undone & I lost it while riding at somepoint. Bike still runs fine though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts