Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What are the odds that........it'll be warm enuff to get one more Ripon area ride in this year??? Yeah, I'm not sure either but now that I'm free the thought has crossed my mind. So.....show of hands and I'll start keeping my eye on the coming weekend weather. Warning, I am way out of practice(only about 3500 miles this year) so even Gary might be able to keep up but I do know the roads pretty well so it shouldnt be too slow for the fast old farts that know the end is near and have no fear of death like......Brock:twofinger

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes i got my tire on. Yes you can put your hand down. F%*#ing sportbike kryptonite falling from the sky again, ehhhhh! Charger I think your odds are pretty accurate but I am eyeballing this weekend for the potential ride anyway. Weather guessers are saying mid 50's but then it is almost a week away so who really knows. Anyway this weekends potential ride is gonna be make or break by Friday at the latest so for whoever is interested keep an eye here and on the weather. My acceptable criteria is less than 20% chance for precip and mid 50s.
I played hookie from work on Wed. and burned thru a tank of gas(about 100miles) in about an hour and half so I'm not too slow, corner entry speeds arent what they used to be, lack of confidence from not riding much :( so Im sure Brock will be up my ass all day like the dirty old man he is. Anyway, hopefully the weather holds, the roads I was on looked good & looking forward to riding with you guys again and hopefully meeting a few new faces.

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It looks like Sunday will be reasonably nice.

Glad you got a quik ride in. It's good for the soul. :)
Amen to that! I had a cold coming on that day and I paid for all the fresh air I ingested the next day but man did I feel like a new man after I got home. Yes sunday is still looking like the day. If the weather guessers are still saying the same thing about sunday tomorrow I'll post up details.

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, weather guessers on 3 different sites still say the same thing so lets keep our fingers crossed and plan on Sunday. Meet at the Citgo on Hwy44/Oshkosh St. in Ripon as usual. Lets try to get there around 10:30 and be on the road no later than 11. Brock if ur gonna load the bikes in the truck like last time I've determined that the ditch next to my mailbox works rather well as a loading dock and my house is about 2 tenths of a mile from the gas station so it wont take long. This goes for anyone else who may want to transport their bikes as well.
For anyone else coming along that hasnt ridden with me before this will be a "spirited" paced ride. That being said, probably not a beginners ride although I do encourage everyone to ride there own ride and I will wait up for slower riders at intersections and turn offs. Gear this time of the year shouldnt even be a question but I'll say it anyway, GEAR UP!

· Registered
1,537 Posts
would like to, but no one available to watch the baby and no I'm not going to put her in the tank bag...

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good time Brock, thanx for making the trekk over to my neck of the woods again. Hopefully we'll get another nice weekend for some stupid fast riding:bitchslap

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.