Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That we can do or learn to do towards cagers that aren't paying attention to the road?

I for one am willing to get comfortable with passing a cager with my lower end hanging off the bike like I'm getting ready to put a knee down, but instead keep it straight and have my asscheeks hanging off for the world to see :lao

What are some of your suggestions?

-Sam

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Don't play around with cages...1 mistake and they will rip you a new one...

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
I look in the cabins of every car I pass. Especially their hands on the wheels.

Trucks I pass wide and I pass fast if I'm not drafting them to save gas.

·
Registered
791 Posts
yes, dont play around. I'm a biker but showing me ur ass wont keep me from road raging ur ass off the road. Why did you make this topic ? What are the cars doing to you?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's the fratties. Ideally I'd like to shoot out their tires, or drive by with a stick and smash something, but obviously I can't.

-Sam

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I especially hate the ones that BLINDLY swerve into the other lane when in their original lane a person is making a turn. Way to swerve into me buddy, and your popped collar pink shirt with the shades attached by a loop make you look so much cooler.

-Sam

·
Registered
262 Posts
the best is the mom in the minivan or SUV on the cell phone that just doesn't jave the free hand to use a turnsignal.

My tailpipe seems to piss off enough cagers. But I do like to air hump to the hotties.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I ride to work at 5 in the morning and i always get 1 or 2 that try to use me as a front door only thet ride my ass, so my trick is i get in the passing lane and so long as there is nothing behind me i hit the brakes and let them blow by me-i once did this to a unmarked poopertrooper. He gave me a strange look but kept going. I am sorry to all those who disagree but i dont like a cars brite lights intruding on my limited nitevision. of course this only works on major roads-not backroads

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
You want practice driving defensive around cagers, move to cary. We have the most ignorant cagers in the world. Become defensive or become a hood ornament.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have been riding on the road for 8 years and the basic rules I follow are:

-pass them as quickly as "legally" possible.
-On interstates ride in the left lane since there are not exits in that lane and you always have somewhere to go in an emergency.
-stay out of blind spots.
-position yourself so you are in their rear view mirror, with brights on in the day
-never follow a pickup, things can and do fly out of the bed
-never follow big trucks or suvs, you never know when turbulance will hit you and send you into another lane.
-give all cagers plenty of room, they don't pay attention to bikes
-and lastly, DO NOT PISS OFF SOMEONE IN A 4000 LB VEHICLE.

I have found that most cagers do not respect people on sportikes at all, even less than tourers and crusiers

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
samz3r said:
I especially hate the ones that BLINDLY swerve into the other lane when in their original lane a person is making a turn. Way to swerve into me buddy, and your popped collar pink shirt with the shades attached by a loop make you look so much cooler.

-Sam

problem #1 you are in collar pop hill. 99% of the people there are freakin idiots. I have a pretty large jeep( it has a 3.5" lift with 31" super swampers and 4 ginormous lights on top) yeah I would say I stand out. Not only can you hear me coming by my tires most of the time(however I don't run those tires all the time I have some street wheels and tires I run now) but you can definitely see me coming. Some punk kid just wanders out in front of me yakkin on his damn cell phone. Now don't get me wrong I have a cell phone, but to be honest I don't even like to drive and talk at the same time. I am capable of doing so, just I need to pay attention cause I can't stop very fast in my jeep. Well anyways naturally I can't slow down very fast even if I get on the brakes it really doesn't matter. So I just keep on going and about damn near run the kid over. He jumps out of the way and starts yelling and cussing at me. So I stopped, cause I was only going like 25 anyways, and told him next time just stand there cause I have been wanting a winch bumper anyways, and that would just give me more of a reason to get one. Then got back in an drove off. No this story really doesn't have much of a point just that chapel hill sucks, and people are stupid. I understand that pedestrians have the right of way but if I see something wayyy b***** than I am heading my way, I don't make a habit of walking out in front of it. Whether I am in the right or not. Doesn't matter so much if you are dead or paralized.

·
Registered
460 Posts
SalKhan said:
I look in the cabins of every car I pass. Especially their hands on the wheels.

Trucks I pass wide and I pass fast if I'm not drafting them to save gas.

+1

·
Registered
279 Posts
yru4u4ea said:
I have been riding on the road for 8 years and the basic rules I follow are:

-pass them as quickly as "legally" possible.
-On interstates ride in the left lane since there are not exits in that lane and you always have somewhere to go in an emergency.
-stay out of blind spots.
-position yourself so you are in their rear view mirror, with brights on in the day
-never follow a pickup, things can and do fly out of the bed
-never follow big trucks or suvs, you never know when turbulance will hit you and send you into another lane.
-give all cagers plenty of room, they don't pay attention to bikes
-and lastly, DO NOT PISS OFF SOMEONE IN A 4000 LB VEHICLE.

I have found that most cagers do not respect people on sportikes at all, even less than tourers and crusiers

Great Post!!!! All very good stuff to ride by.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts