Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a heads up for anyone trying to replace their TPS out of warranty: the local stealer (Central Yamaha for anyone in the N.Dallas area) quoted me $58.50 (or about 45 minutes) for installation of the replacement TPS. I bought the replacement a while ago and haven't installed it yet, since I was dreading the task. so hopefully by the end of next Saturday, I'll have a new TPS for about $60 (plus the $100 or so for the TPS that I paid already). I'll probably call the other stealerships around and see what they quote just to make sure that Central isn't BSing me..

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Sounds like a pretty reasonble cost, better bang for your buck than any of the "mods" if you ask me, if you're having trouble.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I whined and complained about the TPS problem to my dealership and they replaced the unit for free out of warrantee.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Seems like there might be grounds for a recall if this keeps up.

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
karst said:
Seems like there might be grounds for a recall if this keeps up.

that has been said for a long time and i just dont think its gonna happen. even 50 complaints for 5,000 units sold isnt going to get a recall. Especially when im sure there was a lot more than 5,000 units sold. It would be nice if there was a recall though.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
That just doesn't seem right. Anyway, I guess if I have trouble, in or out of warrantee, the dealer's gonna hear about it.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Only 13 complaints on the NHTSA so far...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts