Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
This is what you're missing...the details:

"THESE DETAILS ARE AVAILABLE ONLY TO REGISTERED RIDESAFELY.COM USERS." :lol

The motor could be seized and any number of other things that only registered members (probably paid for) would get. It does look like the forks are bent. Look how close the front tire is to the lowers.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
if those forks were bent, the wheel would need to be damaged.. i don't think those OZ wheels would take an impact that would damage the forks without themselves being damaged.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't think the forks are bent. I also don't see any damage anywhere that would indicate a blow strong enough to tweak the forks.

I do question the subframe, it looks slightly off to me. Also, I can't see the fork lowers and wheel on left side. I see a brake line or something hanging down towards where the caliper would be.

And, as brian said, engine could be fugged internally. I wouldn't think so though.

It just looks like someone tossed it down on a lefthander. Notice the direction and angle of the scratches, and how the rear seemed to take more slide damage than the swingarm spools (which still exist on both side. Maybe the bike had delrin spools on it, but that doesn't jive with there being no frame sliders on the front). The Front wheel fairing isn't damaged at all, so he didn't hit anything

The more I look at it, the more I'm pretty sure the left lower fork is FUBR, otherwise it looks cosmetic.

Edit: May not be a brake line, it may be the cord for the directional

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
that is the cord for the directional.

I had a picture of my gsxr once that I could swear up and down the fork was really tweaked but it's not. I don't trust pictures at all for trying to figure out of forks are straight or not. worst case, the lower fork tube is out of whack. that can be replaced by any competent suspension service shop (ie trackside engineering).

Again, I firmly believe the wheel would show some damage if the forks were tweaked. a bike I've been looking at had the front wheel demolished but the forks 'look' okay. measurements are required to be certain the forks are straight.

that bike doesn't have a full subframe, so it's very possible the tail section is cracked or broke but the subframe is intact and straight. the subframe ends about 3 or 4 inches after the riders seat.

·
My flock keeps growing
2,942 Posts
To me the forks and wheel seem like they would be alright. I would say that it is most likely the clamps that bent as the Ohlins forks are rather sturdy. Other things would worry me more...like why you would want one of these torture racks anyways? Very uncomfortable bike (at least to most people).

·
Gianticus Squidicus
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just saw the ad, I'd never get it. I wouldn't be able to do more than 20 miles on that thing. Was just browsing the salvage auction sites for track possibilities. Just lookin around, shopping, browsing prices and availablity.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
i don't mind the ergo's on the 03 RSV-R

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
KawTipping said:
like why you would want one of these torture racks anyways?
Because it's faster than your ZX10R!! :bitchslap

$1900, christ - the forks alone are worth that new! Add to that an $800 shock and $2k worth of wheels! Damnit - if I didn't just buy my SV!!!

DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THIS BIKE! It is the best out-of-the-box track bike I have EVER ridden. It took me a year and $4k of development to get my Honda to work as well as my Aprilia did! The '03 is an incredible track bike!

Need to raise funds FAST! Anybody want to buy an SV?? :banana

·
Registered
516 Posts
Wait until tomorrow around 10 AM, then trend it through the early afternoon. California bikes have been going pretty high on Ridesafely, at least those auctions that I've watched (mostly Ducs). I'm gonna guess she clears $4500 easy by this time tomorrow. Throw in another $400-$600 for shipping, cash for bodywork, etc., and you're approaching a fairly high price for your first track bike.

Being Italian, I'm guessing replacement parts aren't cheap either? That all being said, I'd still like to have it!

·
474 Posts
Murf99 said:
DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THIS BIKE! It is the best out-of-the-box track bike I have EVER ridden. It took me a year and $4k of development to get my Honda to work as well as my Aprilia did! The '03 is an incredible track bike!
Hey - nobody told you to spend $2500 on the cosmetics of your ride :bitchslap

I have to agree with Todd... when the Aprilia was used for it's intended purpose (track) that thing was an amazing machine... Brembo, Ohlins, OZ, Rotax, slipper clutch - all the unobtanium bits, right off the show room floor. I just couldn't bring myself to take my old Aprilia to the track anymore, since it was still pristine. If I could pick up a rashed one for track time - I would.

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
KawTipping said:
Uhhh, don't think that is faster than a 10R...not with the same rider anyways.
Betcha' I'd be faster on the 'priller!

Actually - the Mille Factory won the Masterbike competition last year (setting the fastest laps of all production bikes) at Jerez.

Also the '03 continually beat up the I4s 1000s (back then the big hitters were the '03 GSXR1k and the '02 R1) in track comparasins. The '03 'Superbike' Bike of the Year competition comes to mind. The RSV-R set the fastest track time, the Gixxer 600 was a half second back, and the Gixxer Thau was almost a second behind the 6. That's what basically sold me on the Mille.

Food for thought. Besides, I just like winding up Joe.

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
rsvRadtke said:
My dad could beat up your dad! you can't come to my birfday party now! :upyours
Screw you times infinity!

·
My flock keeps growing
2,942 Posts
Murf99 said:
Betcha' I'd be faster on the 'priller!

Actually - the Mille Factory won the Masterbike competition last year (setting the fastest laps of all production bikes) at Jerez.

Food for thought. Besides, I just like winding up Joe.
But yet this year the Ape didn't even get an honorable mention. It even scored at the back of Italian bike group if I remember right.

I am hungry...but I am not a wind up toy. But I have something you can pull on...it even gives you a surprise once you pull enough.

·
474 Posts
KawTipping said:
I am hungry...but I am not a wind up toy. But I have something you can pull on...it even gives you a surprise once you pull enough.
Todd - If you can't figure out which one to pull... look for the one that is straight, the curly one's are there for decoration...

you two butt-pirates are going to need your own sticky soon.

I've had both (RSV and ZX10r) and I have to say the ZX is scary fast (102 mph first gear - WTF?), but I still think the Ape is the better track bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.