Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a say pre 95 cbr 600 be bad to start out on?? theres a pretty cheap one around where i live so yah.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Older 600's (pre 97ish) are usually considered the absolute highest possible, yet acceptable bike for a new rider to start on. I suggest taking MSF training BEFORE you ride the bike, instead of trying to learn yourself before MSF because you dont wanna look dumb in front of the people at the class. have fun!

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Dont worry about looking dumb you are there to learn. Just listen to what they tell you and youll be fine. And every one has said it before youll get the bike you want but you should consider a 500cc. as a first bike.

·
Registered
75 Posts
outstanding first bikes that are highly modifyable to be competitive: sv 650, fzr 600, ex 500 ninja. 91-98 cbr 600's even older hurricanes are highly competitive with a skilled rider. i'm faster and more comfortable on my 96 f3 than i ever was on my 99 zx 7 r,

·
Registered
394 Posts
Pick up a good used Katana 600 for a first bike. It's amazing how cheap you can get them. Mine was an 88' with 29,000 miles, was in PERFECT shape, piped and jetted, and I only paid around $1,300 for it. I rode it for a full summer and turned around and sold it for $1,500. Nice deal huh?

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
neutom72 said:
Pick up a good used Katana 600 for a first bike. It's amazing how cheap you can get them. Mine was an 88' with 29,000 miles, was in PERFECT shape, piped and jetted, and I only paid around $1,300 for it. I rode it for a full summer and turned around and sold it for $1,500. Nice deal huh?
I can beat you! I bought my '91 Honda F2 during the winter for $1,500 and sold it 7 months later for $2,000! Booyow! :D

·
Registered
681 Posts
Twinsen said:
I can beat you! I bought my '91 Honda F2 during the winter for $1,500 and sold it 7 months later for $2,000! Booyow! :D
Got y'all beat...bought a bike for 450 and sold it 3 weeks later for 2500!:twofinger

BTW, back when those bikes came out, they were at the top of the list and weren't beginner bikes then......WTF makes them any better for a newbie now? NOTHING! :spank

Get on the MSF course bikes first, then find a suitable, low powered bike to LEARN with!(less than 50hp or 550cc's) Those 600cc sportbikes will be around when you're ready/have the skills to handle one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts