Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the Everett Herald, www.heraldnet.com

LYNNWOOD - Neighbors heard a speeding motorcycle early Thursday, but they didn't hear the deadly crash.

A man and woman likely were killed a couple hours before a resident found their bodies in his yard about 6 a.m., Snohomish County sheriff's deputy Dave Hayes said.

"I usually get up when I hear something. This morning, I didn't. I wondered if there was something I could have done, but (deputies) said there was nothing that could have saved them," said a neighbor, Trina Nelson, who lives next door.

Kellee Gregory, 26, and Shane Martinez, 24, both of Seattle, died of massive blunt force injuries, according to the Snohomish County Medical Examiner's Office.

The couple were thrown from a Honda CBR 990 when it careened off the road and struck a fire hydrant in the 13600 block of Manor Way in unincorporated Snohomish County.

The force of the collision ripped the cover off the hydrant and bent over a metal pipe.

"They were apparently traveling at a very high rate of speed," Hayes said.

Investigators don't know who was driving the motorcycle, which is registered to someone in Eastern Washington, Hayes said.

Nelson didn't know about the crash until she walked outside to talk to a cable crew.

Then she saw the man's body in her neighbor's gravel driveway, several yards from where the motorcycle lay tangled in a large bush.

"It's just awful. I feel so bad for their families," she said.

Nelson said it isn't the first time someone has lost control speeding around the corner on northbound Manor Way.

"We've had people end up in our yard before, usually when we're not home," she said.

Local police have investigated several deadly motorcycle crashes in recent weeks.

Two people were killed in a motorcycle crash near Lake Stevens on July 25 after colliding with a pickup on Highway 204.

A week earlier, a teenager died after he crashed his motorcycle into a sign on northbound I-5 in Everett.

Collision investigators from the sheriff's office have been called to four fatal motorcycle or off-road vehicle crashes this year, Hayes said.

"I just think if you're on two wheels, going 60 miles an hour with nothing between you and the ground, you should be careful," Nelson said.

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
wow "the best part of waking up is honda in your bush" RIP to the riders. and prayers to the families :(

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What amazes me is that they don't know who the operator was. It was a borrowed (or stolen) bike and I'd bet neither person had a MC permit either.

This kind of reminds me of when I was a kid and was spending the night at a friend's house. He lived close to a corner and their farm's fields were up there. One morning we heard a normal bike engine, then the engine shrieked to like 20K rpms and then silence. The next thing we notice is some drunk guy with no shirt on is walking around in the field. A minute later I heard the volunteer fire siren go off in town and about 10 minutes later an aid car showed up.

We were right there but it wasn't even until the firmen pulled the bike out of the fence line that we really understood what happened. At the time there was no helmet law in WA so the guy didn't have to wear a lid. I just remember thinking, "Why's that weirdo out in the hay field?"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts