Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I never really got the powerboat thing. They are okay, but not much fun. I would love to have an America's Cup sailboat though!

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Huge engines, bet it flys :drool

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I would bet it is 1460 hp for the pair NOT each. For each one to put out 1460 hp it would very high strung and require a rebuild after every hour of use, if it ran that long

·
Registered
290 Posts
SqDancerLynn1 said:
I would bet it is 1460 hp for the pair NOT each. For each one to put out 1460 hp it would very high strung and require a rebuild after every hour of use, if it ran that long
Probably a drag boat

I used to build blown 408ci SBFs that made 1,700HP at the rear wheels. They were good for ~50 passes (sub 7 second ETs) between rebuilds. That's roughly 6 minutes at WOT, or 12.5 miles.

The engines in those boats look like BBCs, 1,400HP from 500+ci isn't really considered a "hand grenade" anymore.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
SqDancerLynn1 said:
It's possible it could be for each engine. Years ago I saw a Cigarette style boat with twin 1,000hp engines. This was in a regular style boat. Granted there is probably alot of maintencase involved

This boat has twin 900hp http://powerboatlistings.com/view/252

1 - 13 of 13 Posts