Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow. So yesterday, my friend and I plan to go to the track. We started off, and 30 miles down the road, my bike just starts cutting down to 2 cylinders, and totally dies. WTF? I figure its a fuel problem, so we take the tank off and all that trash, and check all the fuel lines/filters for obstructions. None. Put it back toghether, and voilla, it works.

So 5 miles later it cuts out again. We pull the tank, and take the fuel pump out of the loop, thinking it might be that. It starts right up and we ride for about 30 more miles, 2 miles before the exit to the track, it cuts out again. So, we just sit there and let it cool for 10 minutes...

So finally, we make it to the track, me on 2 cylinders. I let it cool down thouroughly, and get 10 laps in until it cuts out again.

So after he gets a few hours of track time, we leave. 2 miles down the interstate, dead, bike totally dies. So I ride home 90 miles on the back of his gixxer.

4 and a half hours later, we show up again in my truck to pick it up. Well, at least it was still there. Someone had take a fucking drill to the ignition and the tank key hole. Good thing I locked the forks.

So I called the cops, they come, and get fingerprints and trash. We just picked the damn thing up and loaded it in the truck, and 2 hours later we left.

I guess I'll post another topic in the fix it forum too.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Where you at in colorado?

·
Registered
584 Posts
sorry dude. But that surely WAS a bad day for you

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Yeah, I learned a LONG time ago, NEVER leave your bike on the side of any road. Doesn't matter if it's a road in the middle of BFE or a major highway. Sit there with the bike, while someone goes to get the truck for you. A lesson learned is a lesson earned....sorry to say....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts