Sport Bikes banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WILMINGTON, N.C. - Two pit bull dogs that may have wandered inside a shelter for sick animals killed 13 cats, authorities said. Lee Esada, whose wife, Heather, manages the Southport-Oak Island Animal Rescue, found the dead cats early Friday and then found the dogs sleeping in a cage in the back of the shelter. "I was so shaken up I could barely pick up the phone to call somebody," Esada said. "I've never been through anything like this before."
Richard Cooper, director of Brunswick County Animal Services, said there's no evidence of foul play. The dogs could have pushed through a hole in the chain-link fence surrounding the shelter and come inside the building through the cat door. The shelter housed about 75 sick cats. The dogs, one weighing 60 pounds and the other 40 pounds, were in custody of animal services Friday night.
The owner of the dogs was cited for creating a public nuisance and allowing the dogs to run at-large. Authorities declined to release his name. The Brunswick County Sheriff's Department planned to continue investigating.

What a bounch of crap, I have a pit and two small children myself. I have never had a problem with my dog. My kids have pulled on my dogs ears, tail and legs. My son has even biten my dog before (he got a spanken) and the dog has done nothing. You could ask any of my friend or family about my dog and they would say that my dog is the best dog they have ever seen. This article is just another add that gives pittbulls a bad name. The thing ppl forget is most dogs will go after cats. But seeing that the dogs were pitts this ***** Esada was so shacken up he could hardly pick up the phone. Sorry bitch!

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
it still killed 13 cats, like cats or not. maybe ur dog is great but its a proven fact that pit bulls have a lower tolerance compared to other dogs. My sister is a vet and im going to believe her expertise because she knows these things. the dogs shouldnt have been out and thats what happens with non-thinking owners. sure dogs will go after cats... im pretty sure the whole plan of this add wasnt to give pitbulls a bad name, it was simply stating what happened. it could be that that "bitch" was attatched to those cats...

·
Registered
994 Posts
When I was a kid we had a collie-newfoundland dog that loved to kill cats. It would grab them by the back of the neck and give them a quick flick. It was also very gentle with kids, I remember riding it around like a pony. It was a good watch dog too.

People shouldn't let their dogs run wild; dogs should be under control (includes verbal) at all times.

I don't think the breed makes any difference in this incident, but I tend to agree that on the balance of probabilities, a pit bull is not a good family pet.. More of them have been known to turn than other breeds.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Of the people I have met in life, pitbull owners are some of the most unintelligent. To infer that all pitbulls lack the capacity to hurt/kill because of their experiences with ONE dog is assinine...This coupled with the fact that your last two sentences made no sense whatsoever.
You certainly aren't the brightest apple of the bunch, but your bike looks nice, if that is any consolation.

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
King Cobra said:
Of the people I have met in life, pitbull owners are some of the most unintelligent. To infer that all pitbulls lack the capacity to hurt/kill because of their experiences with ONE dog is assinine...This coupled with the fact that your last two sentences made no sense whatsoever.
You certainly aren't the brightest apple of the bunch, but your bike looks nice, if that is any consolation.
+1 to that. Most of the people i see in my city with pits usually got them with a huge choke chain, and their walkin around with no shirt on or a beater, and almost always a bandana or backwards hat. They always try to act like the biggest badasses to. For the most part, only punks own pits.

But still, I have known a couple nice pits. It still won't change the fact that it's in their mentality to be mean sons of bitches.

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
I grew up with english bulldogs. Everyone said they were horrible family pets until they seen them around my family. When my brother and sister were little they put about 10 clothes pins on the wrinkles of one of their faces and all that dog did was sit there licking the kids faces and whining until my dad got out there to save him. Those dogs looked after us kids and were so incredibly gentle.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Pits have that streak in them. Part of their breed and if you get them into a pack of 2 or more they can be deadly. I hear all the time about pits mauling innocent people walking down the street. It's a shame. My brother has a pit and a pit mix and they have been good family dogs. I don't think they speak for the breed when you hear about maulings like this.

·
Registered
533 Posts
i have a half pit half labrador, around people she is very calm and nice. but as soon as she see's another animal running around she will attack it. that dog has very strong jaws.

i don't doubt the story, my dog will kill a skunk every now and then. it has also killed another dog, ducks, rabbits... you name it. btw i don't just allow her to kill other animals but she has escaped before

·
Banned
245 Posts
King Cobra said:

+1

ignorant people = :asshole

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Inky24 said:
+1 to that. Most of the people i see in my city with pits usually got them with a huge choke chain, and their walkin around with no shirt on or a beater, and almost always a bandana or backwards hat. They always try to act like the biggest badasses to. For the most part, only punks own pits.

But still, I have known a couple nice pits. It still won't change the fact that it's in their mentality to be mean sons of bitches.

Agreed, plus you obviously aint seen any of the pits we got here in Hawaii.
Dog fighting is a big thing here along with cock fighting. Only dogs they use are pits and uasually red nose pits are the preferred brand.
You see a red nose pit you give it and its owners a WIDE berth cause there's a nut on both ends of the leash..... :alky

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
marsolais said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WILMINGTON, N.C. - Two pit bull dogs that may have wandered inside a shelter for sick animals killed 13 cats, authorities said. Lee Esada, whose wife, Heather, manages the Southport-Oak Island Animal Rescue, found the dead cats early Friday and then found the dogs sleeping in a cage in the back of the shelter. "I was so shaken up I could barely pick up the phone to call somebody," Esada said. "I've never been through anything like this before."
Richard Cooper, director of Brunswick County Animal Services, said there's no evidence of foul play. The dogs could have pushed through a hole in the chain-link fence surrounding the shelter and come inside the building through the cat door. The shelter housed about 75 sick cats. The dogs, one weighing 60 pounds and the other 40 pounds, were in custody of animal services Friday night.
The owner of the dogs was cited for creating a public nuisance and allowing the dogs to run at-large. Authorities declined to release his name. The Brunswick County Sheriff's Department planned to continue investigating.

What a bounch of crap, I have a pit and two small children myself. I have never had a problem with my dog. My kids have pulled on my dogs ears, tail and legs. My son has even biten my dog before (he got a spanken) and the dog has done nothing. You could ask any of my friend or family about my dog and they would say that my dog is the best dog they have ever seen. This article is just another add that gives pittbulls a bad name. The thing ppl forget is most dogs will go after cats. But seeing that the dogs were pitts this ***** Esada was so shacken up he could hardly pick up the phone. Sorry bitch!

Oh yah, what a total bunch of BS there genius.

The dogs killed 13 cats, so we probably shouldn't even say that they were bad dogs!! In fact, let's give them treats and have them sleep on the bed tonight.

Just because you have a good pitbull doesn't mean that all of them are. I just rescued a pitbull that was trapped down about a 30 foot cliff near the river with my friend tonight, and it's a very nice dog. But that doesn't make me think that all pitbulls are nice dogs.

Granted, pitbulls do get some negative media. There are reasons for that. One of them is the fact that pitbulls are, and were, bred as fighting dogs. They have a bite that is viscous, and they don't let go when they do bite. Until they find some way to get rid of dog fighting 100%, the pitbull will continue to have a negative reputation, and will continue to get negative publicity whenever they do something like this.

You're also totally wrong on the whole most dogs will go after cats thing. That's an ingenius generalization. After working in a pet store, and being around literally hundreds of dogs over the past 10 years or so, I can honestly say that only about 5% of them had any issues with cats at all. Most domestic dogs know not to chase after other obviously domestic animals. Hell, I've got two hunting dogs, and they don't even care about my sister's cat when she brings it to visit.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
King Cobra said:

+1 to this as well.

Especially the part in the last sentence of your post.

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
my friends dog used to chew on his cat/kitten thing all the time, but the dog wasnt tryin to hurt the cat, just messin around with it.

i could see how this could happen, but i dunno if i believe the story. all dogs are different. just cause one is a lap dog doesn't make the next one one. (too many one's?)

·
Banned
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The thing that get's me mad is that the dogs most likely will be put down because they killed some cat's. If anyone has seen cats that are left to just walk around a open area you know that 2 cats turn into 10, 10 turn into 30 and so on. The article say's that the office holds 70 cat's yet the dogs only killed 13. If the dogs were realy mean they would have killed all the cats and then attacked the shop owner. But what happened was the dogs were having a little fun and then they got tired so they stopped.
Gimpdiggity you stated that only 5% of dogs chase cats! Are you crazy. Think before you type!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
marsolais said:
The thing that get's me mad is that the dogs most likely will be put down because they killed some cat's. If anyone has seen cats that are left to just walk around a open area you know that 2 cats turn into 10, 10 turn into 30 and so on. The article say's that the office holds 70 cat's yet the dogs only killed 13. If the dogs were realy mean they would have killed all the cats and then attacked the shop owner. But what happened was the dogs were having a little fun and then they got tired so they stopped.
Gimpdiggity you stated that only 5% of dogs chase cats! Are you crazy. Think before you type!

ummmmmmm yea, tis true that cats do multiply fast, but thats becasue their owers are idiots and dont get them spay or neutured...they can spend $500 on a slip on, but not $90 to have their pets fixed. So pet population problems stem from human error... These cats still didnt have to suffer a mauwling. As much as I love all animals, these dogs need to be put down, and the owner not only sited but banned from having aniamls that he/she can't control.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
-iceman- said:
it still killed 13 cats, like cats or not. maybe ur dog is great but its a proven fact that pit bulls have a lower tolerance compared to other dogs. My sister is a vet and im going to believe her expertise because she knows these things. the dogs shouldnt have been out and thats what happens with non-thinking owners. sure dogs will go after cats... im pretty sure the whole plan of this add wasnt to give pitbulls a bad name, it was simply stating what happened. it could be that that "bitch" was attatched to those cats...

+1 I love all animals but people need to be responsible and keep their dogs on a chain. If any dog ever tried to come after my cats---that would be one DEAD DOG!!!

Unfortuntely not everyone is a responsible pet owner and this is a sad story :(

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
marsolais said:

How ironic, I'm being called crazy by a guy who thinks it's okay that two pitbulls walked into a clinic and killed a bunch of cats.

·
Pre-register sex offender
1,091 Posts
my new pitbull just sits there and stares at my pet coon.... hahahha

·
Registered
360 Posts
I can shed some light on this one!

Holy sh!t, I can't believe this showed up here? This shelter is maybe 1/4 mile from my house at the lake! It's this whacko, lesbian? lady that takes in all these animals from the county and can barely (can't!) care for them. There is always 2 dead cats on the road in front of this place (on a back road out of Boiling Spring Lakes) Point being, major whack job here. One of those, trying to save the planet, tree hugger type. There comes a point though for people with good intentions, she passed it longgggggg ago.

Now granted there are some force five REDNECKS 'round these parts, even stories I here in the E.R. about dog fighting. Seen many owners in with major lacerations that the story doesn't add up? I just don't see pit's going ninja to get into a cage for some pussy? UMmmmm on review that doesn't read quite right. Come to think of it I'm no better than these DOGS? I once climbed this dormitory wall for this lil' brunette, that's another story though.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I have Dobermans (the only dog bread to attack humans). Needless to say you can imagine the bad attention my dogs might give off. But they're truly sweet. My 13 year old female Dobie grew up on our family farm and has killed over 14 groundhogs and 2 stray cats (that I know of). But my 6 month old male loves cats because I've trained him too. I made sure to show him at 2 months old that cats are not his enemy.

Pit Bulls are great dogs. My sister has a female (she's purple in color!) and I cannot believe how sweet and gentle she is. For some reason, she is actually scared of men. It took me a solid day of tempting her with food before she let me pet her. Plus she lives 5 minutes outside Washington Dc. and all of her neighbors love her pit.

There is a guy around my town that has the biggest pit I've ever seen, it's at least 80 pounds full of muscle. I've jogged by his house and he would be standing there give me and my pups the stare down trying his best to look hard core ghetto. It really pisses me off. Well, one day I had my dobies outside off the leash letting the neighborhood kids play with them. All of sudden the same pit broke out of it's fence and made his way to us. The pit was trying to bull rush everyone (I hate that) but only in a playful way. So I grab my dogs leash and put it on him and walk him back home. The pit had the biggest choke collar (the kind that spikes into their neck) and a weighted collar. As I started to walk him back to his owners home I realized this dog was truly a sweet dog at heart. He would actually listen to me when I told him to sit, stay or come. I was impressed. Impressed by the fact he was listening to what I said and the fact his head and jaws could crush my bones in one bite.

To make this long pointless story to a close, it all depends on the owner of the dog. If you shelter your dog to humans and other animals it will be mean. It's that simple.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.