Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got in from our mountain trip, and we had a friggin blast. No accidents, but a close call.

Was heading down 221 and was pretty warmed up. Started hitting the curves pretty hard. Me and Kazlab were running about 50 through a fairly sharp curve, when he hit gravel (covered the entire road). Bike slid, then grabbed....HARD. Somehow, he was able to save it without incident. When I saw him about get fucked, I was on the brakes till I got to the gravel...then released. Still slid and also, almost highsided. Slid, and grabbed as well, but I was able to slow to about 30 before going through it.

All of us on bikes came back a day early, due to Kazlab's bike being FUCKED. Engine is knocking.....sounds like either a rod bearing came loose, or a piston slapping... time for a new ride.

Gixxer42 apparently got bored friday nite and decided to play domino's.... WITH THE BIKES! He tipped his bike over getting something off of it, and of course, it fell onto mine. Small crack in his fairing, busted turn signal, and busted brake lever. On my bike, scratched my pipe, and my bar end. No big deal tho....twas an accident. :)

Anyway, more stories to come, as well as pics within the week.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah....definately could've been worse. Highsiding off the mountain definately would have been worse.

Oh yeah....some of the roads we found (or was showed by a local rather) was just awesome... Curves so tight that Rossi couldn't have took them at even 30 mph.

The guy that showed us these roads was driving a porche.....AND SMOKING US. Wtf...how does a 50 year old man, while holding a glass of wine in one hand (no shit here), shifting with the other, bust our ass in the twisties.....without even trying hard. How fuckin funny is that? lol.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
OK, here I am...my bike is fooked up!!...made it to my driveway at 5 mph and sounding like I have a hole in my crankcase...started with some tapping in the mountains and ended with a dreadful clanking open header sound...no acceleration whatsoever...I think it's dead. I will be looking for a new SV650 this week. I would love a ZX6R but the insurance would kill me.
The gravel scared the hell out of me and I swore I was going down..HARD...but somehow I held on and made it. Tore the top of my boot to shreds...had my steel toes on. For those that believe in sneakers,being able to kick the road with my boot was what saved me. If I had on a soft shoe, I would have gone down.
The guy in the Porsche was a trip. I was rocketing through these curves and he still passed me....unbelieveable...
I had a great time with Will , Rob and Brannon on the roads and Michelle and her great family at the campsite. Thanks to all of you.
Pictures to follow when I get them developed.

·
Registered
112 Posts
porshe-10 inches of contact patch
motorcycle-2 inches of contact patch
glad he showed you guys some good roads but give me a zx-10 and invite him to vir and i will run for pinks!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Glad you are all right Kaz, it would suck to learn that you got hurt. Glad you guys made home safely. How fast were you going when this happened? Anyway, about the insurance, I am paying less for full coverage on my R6 than I was for my buick with Geico. It's a matter of shopping around. My advice to you is to pass on a new bike and get a used one, the reason is the lein holder will require full coverage insurance. Insurance companies, knowing you have no say in the matter, will sock it to you. That's why that guy I am working with is selling his bike, his insurance is over a grand a year.

:needpics

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Full coverage on my SV is 600 a year....not too terrible.

Also, if you finance through Honda, Suzuki, and maybe the other 2, you don't have to have full coverage. Stay away from Suzuki tho, b/c I've heard too many horror stories.

Before I hit the brakes, I was running about 50mph, and slowly gaining on Kazlab...so he was likely doing around 45 - 48.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Glad you're alright Mike...
Sounds like the first time we went riding together...

$42/mo full coverage for the gixxer... (might be getting fix this week too :cheers

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
N-Ish said:

$42/mo full coverage for the gixxer... (might be getting fix this week too :cheers
Will you still be selling it Nate?
If so, I really may buy it...if not , I hope to hell you get up with us. We need you in the mix... :cheers

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
bugeyed said:
Glad you are all right Kaz, it would suck to learn that you got hurt. Glad you guys made home safely. How fast were you going when this happened? Anyway, about the insurance, I am paying less for full coverage on my R6 than I was for my buick with Geico. It's a matter of shopping around. My advice to you is to pass on a new bike and get a used one, the reason is the lein holder will require full coverage insurance. Insurance companies, knowing you have no say in the matter, will sock it to you. That's why that guy I am working with is selling his bike, his insurance is over a grand a year.

:needpics
Thanks Chris...glad ya care.
I will try to get the pics developed tommorrow. :cheers

·
Pro Bike Theft Victim
1,088 Posts
N-Ish said:

42 a month? is that right ,Where >?

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Don't get too jealous guys but i have an r1 and only pay $19 amonth with State Farm.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yeah..I know my shit isn't top of the line and is a 98, but that is what i pay... $110 for 6 months through state farm. That's liability, with theft/fire coverage. the way i see, my shit will get stolen, or someone is gonna fuk me up. I don't see my bike damaging anyone elses property too bad. This is why I ride like a puss, no coverage if i go down on my own. And in most cases, I wouldn't report it anyway to my insurance, if I can help it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
TRaGiK said:
Gixxer42 apparently got bored friday nite and decided to play domino's.... WITH THE BIKES! He tipped his bike over getting something off of it, and of course, it fell onto mine. Small crack in his fairing, busted turn signal, and busted brake lever. On my bike, scratched my pipe, and my bar end. No big deal tho....twas an accident. :)

Anyway, more stories to come, as well as pics within the week.

Yep it was an accident and I'm glad it was the only one for the weekend.

On my way back to Raleigh this afternoon, I ran into a downpour just as I got to Charlotte. Needless to say I was SOAKED. I had taken the rain liner out of my jacket on Friday cause I figured I'd be fine. NOT! After about 30 minutes, the clouds passed and I had smooth sailing the rest of the way.

It was a good weekend of riding. Too bad the rest of you weren't there.

·
Registered
554 Posts
kazlab67 said:
Will you still be selling it Nate?
If so, I really may buy it...if not , I hope to hell you get up with us. We need you in the mix... :cheers

Yeah... I'll prob still sell it... Some girl at work said she wants it... but I'd rather give you first dibs on it......

$42 a month through state farm... 24 yrs old, married, no accidents/tickets :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
me toooooooooo! :neener FINALLY got in around 9p...lemme just tell you...breaking down that campsite sucked ass!! damn kids...lol....aaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuugggghhhh...

but we finally got it done and went up to grandfather mtn...which ended up being a total waste of my mother's money....$50 for 2 adults and 3 kids...and it was rainy and foggy as hell up there....oh well, she got some really good photos and was happy...better her $$ than mine, damn!

mike, will, brandon (or brannon? i thought it was branDon...lol) glad ya'll came out and had a good ride...those roads were WAY beyond me...but was still jealous to see you guys riding out saturday morning...suck that you all left early...bastards! next time...you will not be ALLOWED to leave early...although next time i should be a little less restricted as far as what i can do....

we'll be getting photos developed tomorrow too...will post some of those when i get em....but in the mean time....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts