Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...and somehow ended up with this thing.

Best pic I have at the moment, taken in the garage. It's a 2005 Honda VFR800 ABS Interceptor. The SV650 was a great bike and I'll sing it's praises to anyone on the fence about buying one, but this...this is even more 'me'.

Here's a brief walk around and sound clip. There will be more to come riding video wise while the season lasts, but I wanted the walk around to be a 'before' since I'm planning some mods over the winter and kinda wanted a before and after vid. Pardon the typo. ...and yes, I was riding too fast. What can I say, I was near home and hadn't open it up above 6000rpm in 140 miles...

'Ashely' The Light Silver Metallic Honda VFR 800 ABS Interceptor w/ Two Brothers Exhaust - YouTube

This bike, to me, just screams sexy. From the single sided swing arm with the undertail exhaust, to the angles in the bodywork to integrated turn signals and on and on.

Can't wait to pack on some miles before the snow flies.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
FUCK YOU. . .FUCK YOU AND YOUR UNDERTAIL EXHAUST

I envy you in many ways....minus the fact that I still have gear driven cams.

:rhet

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FUCK YOU. . .FUCK YOU AND YOUR UNDERTAIL EXHAUST

I envy you in many ways....minus the fact that I still have gear driven cams.

:razzy
I wouldn't mind your cams, but I won't give up my exhaust positioning for them. :p The 5th vs 6th gen battle is a bloody one, for sure, on the VFR boards. Love'm both...

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I still need to get ahold of VFR800Canuck and see if he'll fab me up the tray I need for the exhaust on mine.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Man I gotta start getting my milk somewhere else. I never come home with anything cool!

Nice ride, congrats!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
I agree Jake, I usually come home with...well...milk!

·
Registered
9,277 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
goddamn, that is true.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
ya know. . .not having to deal with those headlights might just be worth dealing with that side mount exhaust. . .I forgot just how bad the front end of a 6th gen is. . .
way better signal lights up front though than a 5th.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
^I don't mind the headlights. True, they don't look as good as the rest of the bike, but I do think the 5th look a little too, I don't know how to say it, but to me they look even more 'wrong' than the 6ths. (I LOVE those headlights on the 14R in the other thread.)

However, these things are for sure function over form. I could light the way for landing a jumbo fucking jet with these lights, and these still have the stock bulbs. (Something I'll rectify over the winter when I put some Nightbreakers in there.) I'll agree with the numerous reviews that say "Some of the best headlights ever put in a motorcycle."

I pretty recently myself picked up one of these lovely machines!
Red and black. :drool I love red and black... I don't mind silver and black this time around because my last bike was red and black. So, a departure is fine by me. Do I see a stock exhaust in that pic? :cry Some of the bikes I was looking at had stock exhausts. I was planning on having it gutted just to get that awesome exhaust note. (I'm a big exhaust note fan of anything but a certain single pin 45 degree V.)

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
With the stock exhaust they sound good at idle and up to I'd say about 3 or 4k RPM .. beyond that it gets lost. Your aftermarkets sound, well, as I said in my first reply ...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Red and black. :drool I love red and black... I don't mind silver and black this time around because my last bike was red and black. So, a departure is fine by me. Do I see a stock exhaust in that pic? :cry Some of the bikes I was looking at had stock exhausts. I was planning on having it gutted just to get that awesome exhaust note. (I'm a big exhaust note fan of anything but a certain single pin 45 degree V.)
Haha they are indeed stock! I honestly don't mind the way it sounds and I got this bike at a preeeetty good deal, don't think I'm going to put any money besides heli bars into it for awhile. But maybe in the future!:boink

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
How does the bike handle compared to the SV (and had you done anything to your SV suspensionwise?)

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
^I don't mind the headlights. True, they don't look as good as the rest of the bike, but I do think the 5th look a little too, I don't know how to say it, but to me they look even more 'wrong' than the 6ths. (I LOVE those headlights on the 14R in the other thread.)

However, these things are for sure function over form. I could light the way for landing a jumbo fucking jet with these lights, and these still have the stock bulbs. (Something I'll rectify over the winter when I put some Nightbreakers in there.) I'll agree with the numerous reviews that say "Some of the best headlights ever put in a motorcycle."

I don't disagree with you at all about the lighting. my 5th gen outdoes my fricking TRUCK when it comes to lighting up the road. it shows my F4i with proper HIDs the fuggin business.
the lights on a 5th look very simple, and the entire front end is a bit understated. I think that's why. the 6th gen is just way out there on the other end of things.

My biggest aesthetic complaint about my VFR is infact the green paint. and apparently, it IS a factory colour.
which is too bad.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How does the bike handle compared to the SV (and had you done anything to your SV suspensionwise?)
The SV had an 07 ZX-10R shock in back and new Sonic springs and fluid in the front. It handled really well, and would have been even more so if I got the emulators installed. (And even better still if I cared about a :gsxr front end.)

As for how the VFR handles, better than the ZZR 1200, but not quite as good as the SV. I will be getting Sonic springs, new fluid and RaceTech compression cartridges put in the VFR over the winter. (And Rebound, eventually.) Just because over the last two bikes I've gotten really used to a pretty firm setup.

It already has a CBR600 F3 rear shock, which works quite well. Of course, Ohlins is the goal...but the $ just isn't going to be there for that over this off season. I ride on all sorts of pavement and so the suspension is really something I like to upgrade on all of my bikes.

Pred, your bike has green on it? ...is is part Kawi?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
OK, good to know. I also have an 06 zx10 rear and racetech .85s on mine, no emulators.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts