Sport Bikes banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
It's me
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a lot of fun there, first time I've shot the new Sig Sauer P229R DAK in .40 S&W. Felt really good in my hands and there was a lot less recoil than I thought there would be. I ended up getting sharp shooter with a score of 129 my second time firing the gun. I plan to go back one of these days and try for expert. Anyway, here's some pics of some of my coworkers there.

·
It's me
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

And here's some shots of the special edition gun Sig Sauer offered to us for a great price.

·
It's me
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Ron

·
3 cyl r bttr thn 4
2,470 Posts
Cool pics!! I recently bought a Glock 23 and have yet to hit the range with it yet. Im getting anxtious, to say the least, to put some rounds thru her.

·
It's me
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ron -

Looks and sounds like fun was had by all. Does the USCG do any firearms training that involves shoooting/moving from cover, etc?

B.E.T. - I've got both the Glock M23 and M27. Let's go do some blasting soon.
Yeah, they have the practical pistol which involves barricades, but I didn't have time to shoot it because I had to take Raina to a dentist appointment.

I plan to take it later though.

Ron

·
Registered
427 Posts
BET and Kerry, ive got a smith and wesson 9mm and a ruger .45...im up for going too. let. i can usually go any monday or tues morning.

·
John 18:33-37
4,016 Posts
Ron -

The .40S&W caliber is a proven round that has been shown to consistently out-perform the 9mm (even using +p rounds), and is arguably on par with the revered .45ACP. Enjoy your Sig - definitely a very nice pistol.

I've shot the .40S&W ever since S&W shortened up the 10mm round. The benefits are exactly what you can see in the photos, and what you experienced on the range. A reliable major caliber pistol round based on the same platform used by 9mm caliber pistols, and a recoil that is basically the same as any 9mm pistol. Matter of fact, my Glock M27 (sub-compact) is just as easy to shoot as my M23 (compact) due to the design of the recoil system.

Another plus to the .40S&W is that it is able to reliably feed HP ammo. Most 1911-based pistols require extensive relieving and polishing of the feed ramp to achieve any sort of reliability with HP ammo - at the expense of safety of the shooter.

I was talking to a friend of mine who I bought my Glock M23 from over 10 yrs ago. We were talking and I mentioned that my Trijicon tritium night sights had gone dim and needed replacing. That got me thinking so I checked my maintenance records on my +10yr old Glock M23. Here is what I've done to it since new:

Trijicon sights - 1 set ($100)
Recoil Spring/guide - 5 ($60)
Recoil block - 1 (free)
Glock frame pins - 2 sets ($40)
Magazine springs - 3 ($30)

My shooting records show that I've put over 10,000 rounds through the original factory barrel.

Not bad.

·
It's me
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Switched 2 years ago

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Sweet! I have an agency issued Glock 22 40cal. Also have a SW45 4506. Would much rather fire my Glock than the SW. Just last week I shot the Air Marshalls course and passed. This is a nice course to fire for speed and accuracy. Was able to fire around 700-800 rounds in two days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts