Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and quik went to the local drag strip tonight and had a blast. first run i ran 11.1(my previous best time). 2nd run i fuckep up bad at the start, and ended up with an 11.8. 3rd and 4th runs were around 14.5. it was fun as hell

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Snigg you gotta get to a real racetrack one day soon. I've never dragged on a bike, but I used to ALOT in cars, and then I got into AutoX and it was so much more fun! Seriously, save up a little cash for a set of tires and trackday fees and get out there and do it! You won't regret it :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
dude, tell me you aren't running 14s on a literbike!!! now there's probably some kid with an Altima walking around saying his stock Altima with a fartcan can smoke a literbike.

·
Registered
44 Posts
you need more practice. You should be going 10.5 w/o a strap. If you are going to race, you might as well slip the hell out of that clutch. You pay to play. Otherwise you are going to be up on 1 wheel...

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wct097 said:
He was probably practicing his standups.

This is how I do it... right click, save as...
http://www.williamchristopher.net/pix/bikes/f4/PICT0009.AVI
lol i knew someone would figure it out. i probably coulda broke into the 10s this time around but after i fucked up my 2nd run i was pissed. for the last two runs i cruised through first, shifted to 2nd and banged a nice stand up from before the 1/8 through the finish. im going back next wednesday i WILL get into the 10's. :lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
11.1 is pretty good snigg. Not bad at all.

Bill ran a 11.2 on the stock 9r last year :lol Best I did in one trip to the track was an 11.7 on the 636...but I know I cant get it closer to the 10's :dblthumb

·
Registered
145 Posts
Inferno said:
11.1 is pretty good snigg. Not bad at all.

Bill ran a 11.2 on the stock 9r last year :lol Best I did in one trip to the track was an 11.7 on the 636...but I know I cant get it closer to the 10's :dblthumb
I ran 11.10 on a friend's bone-stock F4i. Just need to launch well. Any 2000+ literbike should run mid-10's stock.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeh i was expecting to hit mid 10's, on my first run this time i hit 11.1, which was my previous best. i have hardly any drag racing experience, 7 runs in my life. there was some guys on 03 954's running 10.3's. my 60' was 1.9 which is fairly decent. im hoping ot hit a 1.8 or 1.7 60' and break into the 10's. ah well, hopefully ill be back next week and give it a good run. those wheelies sure were fun though :lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
snigg said:
yeh i was expecting to hit mid 10's, on my first run this time i hit 11.1, which was my previous best. i have hardly any drag racing experience, 7 runs in my life. there was some guys on 03 954's running 10.3's. my 60' was 1.9 which is fairly decent. im hoping ot hit a 1.8 or 1.7 60' and break into the 10's. ah well, hopefully ill be back next week and give it a good run. those wheelies sure were fun though :lol
Will you be able to get the time off from
??

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:lol :lol i went through mcdonalds on the way home but i guess you had the morning shift yesterday.

·
Registered
456 Posts
yea i suck at launching the 1kRR. first run 2.4, second run 2.3, third run 2.2 and forth run 2.1.

even slipping the clutch the bike would bogg off the line.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I need to get my 954 out to the track one of these days. I'm pretty sure I could hit low 11 or high 10. It has a full Arata exhaust with PCIII but the altitude would make it a bit slower than sea level.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i think my 11.1 run i had like 7.1 or something in the 1/8th. im too lazy to go up and look at the slip.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts