Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, today was quite the interesting day... had to head downtown for my lil girl (3 yr old) she's sick and needed some meds and applesauce....

well, my 750 and I parted ways on the return trip and this chased after me (just like all the other girls I've loved) and made it home...

to my garage.... 2012 ZX-14R with 6.2 miles

here is my new rocket ride... and I

so far... I'm McD's to the Nth degree and my Honey (the Financial advisor) can ride too while being all comfy. :kickass

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Congrats.

And holy fuck that's a huge exhaust.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Indeed, now yank it off of there. Doing so will save you, seemingly, 150lb. Slap a slip on (or full system) and let the big girl breathe.

Great bike. I drool every time I see one at the yearly bike show I go to. Haven't seen any in the wild, though.

Probably a slight difference in torque between a 750RR and that fucking thing, I'd imagine. (Weight, too.)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!!

Indeed, now yank it off of there. Doing so will save you, seemingly, 150lb. Slap a slip on (or full system) and let the big girl breathe.

Great bike. I drool every time I see one at the yearly bike show I go to. Haven't seen any in the wild, though.

Probably a slight difference in torque between a 750RR and that fucking thing, I'd imagine. (Weight, too.)
yes, our plan is to replace the exhaust, but it will be a bit.

Power is frigging awesome (as I knew it would be) and smooth as buttah. yes, the weight is quite noticeable but doesn't bother me. I've had some fat pigs before. the 750 was intended to be a future track bike, but my Honey has been jonesin to go riding. soooo, for now, ba bye 750 - Hello Zex!

and No, we couldn't afford to have both bikes. That's fine tho. wasn't intending to go back to the track for a few more years anyways. I'll just find a beat up 750 and make it a track whore.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
*inb4KeS*

looks fine, damn fine man.

Arctic: It ain't s'bad, till you realize that there's TWO of those things. heh

·
Are we not men?
9,017 Posts
Sweet!!! (Except for the exhaust)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Enjoy your new bike bud!

Mine is coming soon. Don't know whether to wait the winter out for the new 14's or get a good deal on a 13

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
*inb4KeS*

looks fine, damn fine man.

Arctic: It ain't s'bad, till you realize that there's TWO of those things. heh
yeah, showed my father-in-law the bike. he said pretty much the same thing... "there's two of em??? Holy crap!!" and he's not a bike guy

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I don't see you holding any fucking applesauce or meds, DAD! :toetap

KeS
</topic>

you just made me laugh out loud at 20 after 11, you asshole.

:eek:nfloor

·
Registered
61 Posts
I never understood the 'Busa or the '14 in a world of 180 mph literbikes and torquey v-twins, but I am glad people buy them anyway because the world would be a much less fun place if they didn't sell.

Kind of like buying a pet T-Rex.

Cool.

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
I never understood the 'Busa or the '14 in a world of 180 mph literbikes and torquey v-twins, but I am glad people buy them anyway because the world would be a much less fun place if they didn't sell.

Kind of like buying a pet T-Rex.

Cool.
I traded my S1000RR in for a K13S because of the better torque and gearing for street use. Yes, I'm saying the S1000RR was soft.

Did the same with a GSX-R1K in favor of a ZX-14. Both times were the right answer for me.

KeS

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I traded my S1000RR in for a K13S because of the better torque and gearing for street use. Yes, I'm saying the S1000RR was soft.

Did the same with a GSX-R1K in favor of a ZX-14. Both times were the right answer for me.

KeS
didn't think of that til you mentioned it and yeah, it is SWAWESOME having all that bottom end torque. so easy to accelerate and no fanfare. it just goes. reminds me of my ole Busa. Missed it and now i have it back. Oh yeah, I'm happy as can be.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts