Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been wanting a trailer for years now and been actively looking for over a month for a good deal but what i've found is that people on craigslist actually want more for their used pieces of oil stained, rotted our floor, trailers than a new one costs!

so to be done with my search, i pulled the tr***** today at lunch and bought this one from a local dealer.

Attachments

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
Yeah I don't know what people think they have anymore but the majority of them think their junk is still worth new prices.
I've seen salvaged title early 2000's sportbikes on craigslist for 5k. Hilarious

If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for it? And what size is it? I would really like one.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont mind you asking.

6X12 Bendron Enclosed Trailer V-Nose Ramp Door

I paid 2049 for it and it is 6x12 (and the inside height is 6' even) ... the craigslist ad was 1949 but if you wanted a side door, it was an extra $100.

I also purchased a tire lock and the receiver and coupling locks for security.

the one I went with is considered medium duty but it will definitely fit my needs for hauling two bikes and equipment. I also bought the pit bull trs and I'm looking forward to using that instead of the ratchet straps.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I don't know what people think they have anymore but the majority of them think their junk is still worth new prices.
I've seen salvaged title early 2000's sportbikes on craigslist for 5k.

my best friend was recently shopping for a used truck and holy shit, I was amazed at the prices people wanted for their used POS with 100,000+ miles

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
my best friend was recently shopping for a used truck and holy shit, I was amazed at the prices people wanted for their used POS with 100,000+ miles
Oh tell me about it. A local bike forum guy was wanting 9k for a ford f250 with 275k miles. And it was a stripped down work truck with the bench seat and rubber flooring

2049 is in my opinion is a good deal. Because cheap 5x10 open trailers are 1400.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Oh tell me about it. A local bike forum guy was wanting 9k for a ford f250 with 275k miles. And it was a stripped down work truck with the bench seat and rubber flooring

2049 is in my opinion is a good deal. Because cheap 5x10 open trailers are 1400.
Shits crazy anymore.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this was my project for today...

tomorrow my best friend is bringing his bike over and we're going to install the plates for the pit bull trailer restraint system.

then i have to figure out how i'm gonna utilize the remainder of the space. i have a tool box i need to mount in there, plus i also have to put some wall brackets for hanging leathers.

if anyone has some advice on what i should be considering for the open space, let me know.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I'd run a rail system on the floor for tying the bike down, with a chock mounted to the floor.

My truck box will be getting a set at 4' O.C. soon enough.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd run a rail system on the floor for tying the bike down, with a chock mounted to the floor.

My truck box will be getting a set at 4' O.C. soon enough.
I'm not going to tie the bike down with straps anymore. I bought the pit bull trs but the rail system I do like and will probably mount something like that on the wall

1 - 14 of 14 Posts