Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
373 miles to be exact. OK, Matt, this is your que to tell us how many you did this weekend.

Since yesterday was so nice, I decided to forgo all of my other plans and go riding towards the west. I got on HWY 18 and headed towards Iowa/the Mississippi River.

I stopped at a gas station in Dodgeville for gas and to look at a map. A person in the station asked me where I was headed. I told him that I was just riding towards the west to see what I could see. He suggested I stop at the Wyalusing State Park. This is where the Wisconsin River and the Mississippi River meet. After leaving the gas station, I proceeded to ride thru Dodgeville and Boscoville. Wow, there are some really good roads and rock formations out that way.

I then headed to the park the guy told me about. Getting there took me thru Prairie du Chen. The sweepers out that way are just incredible. Let's just say you can do 90mph+ for miles thru the sweepers without running into any other traffic.

Wisconsin River

Mississippi River

Oh yeah, it was a good day!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Moses said:
373 miles to be exact. OK, Matt, this is your que to tell us how many you did this weekend.

Since yesterday was so nice, I decided to forgo all of my other plans and go riding towards the west. I got on HWY 18 and headed towards Iowa/the Mississippi River.

I stopped at a gas station in Dodgeville for gas and to look at a map. A person in the station asked me where I was headed. I told him that I was just riding towards the west to see what I could see. He suggested I stop at the Wyalusing State Park. This is where the Wisconsin River and the Mississippi River meet. After leaving the gas station, I proceeded to ride thru Dodgeville and Boscoville. Wow, there are some really good roads and rock formations out that way.

I then headed to the park the guy told me about. Getting there took me thru Prairie du Chen. The sweepers out that way are just incredible. Let's just say you can do 90mph+ for miles thru the sweepers without running into any other traffic.
WOW! way to go! Since you asked about me I did around 900 miles this weekend.

Did I see you and wave to you yesterday? I was on my FZ1. I forget what road I was on but I saw a yellow 600rr. I thought to myself "that couldn't be Brian, could it? He's awfully far from home! :D "

Sunday I rode 43 to 11w to 81w to Platteville. From platteville I rode south and west again to the Miss river. I rode river road north through Wyalusing then to Prarie du chen. Then I rode 60 east to a county P south to 18 near Dodgeville. I did the beltline then 94 home after that. 450 miles for yesterday.

Saturday I rode up to Paul Bunyan's in Wi Dells for breakfast. from there I wandered west- eventually on hwy 33 west. Wandered south from there and did a loop. Saw a glimpse of the Mississippi and headed east again. About 450 miles for Saturday also. 300+ miles were in the rain. I was testing out what wasn't waterproof. I found out. :lol I didn't bring enough clothes with me because it wasn't supposed to rain all day. I was shivering when I got home.

Let me know next time you feel like wandering west! I'll follow you around!

You took some great pictures! I think I took 2 pics all weekend!

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
That state park is really nice. I was just camping/canoeing there last weekend.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FZ1 Matt said:
Did I see you and wave to you yesterday? I was on my FZ1. I forget what road I was on but I saw a yellow 600rr. I thought to myself "that couldn't be Brian, could it? He's awfully far from home! :D "
I did a double take as well after waving... I thought that might have been you.

I think we passed on HWY 18, you were heading east, I was heading west. I vaguely remember that it was about an hour or so west of Madison around Dodgeville.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
It's nice to just go for a nice cruise now and then. The majority of the rides I go on with my buddies are more or less fast twisties. Nice pics.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I made a little jaunt up to Door County this last weekend. My folks and I met up with 10 other motorcyclists from Minesota. We all rode up one side and then back down the tourist side on Saturday. Coming back on Saturday we also hit rain for about an hour or so. I did not take a mileage count but if I had to guess, it would be between 350 and 400 miles.

·
50cc's of Honda power!
793 Posts
nice pics man. someday maybe ill see more of the state than the usual routes we always seem to take.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've always loved the roads out that way. Hopefully i'll be able to hit the park when my parents are camphosting there later this month and into october.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
You bastards got a lot of nerve coming to my side of the state!!! :twofinger

BTW, I think I rode AT LEAST 50 miles this weekend!!!! :D But I did get to drive to Chicago on Saturday.

BTW, nice pics Brian.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Jake said:
You bastards got a lot of nerve coming to my side of the state!!! :twofinger

BTW, I think I rode AT LEAST 50 miles this weekend!!!! :D But I did get to drive to Chicago on Saturday.

BTW, nice pics Brian.
I actually stopped to get gas in Broadhead yesterday. Also had breakfast there. Some sort of raspberry pastry, mmmmmmm.
I don't know where you live so I couldn't ride up and down your street doing wheelies.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Sounds like you had a great ride yesterday Brian. Also looks like you did it solo... who took your picture?

Next time you're thinking about doing a ride like that give me a call or shoot me a PM... with a little advance notice I could be free to join you.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I was going to go for a long ride yesterday but the temp was one degree colder than I like it so I didn't ride at all...

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
FZ1 Matt said:
I actually stopped to get gas in Brodhead yesterday. Also had breakfast there. Some sort of raspberry pastry, mmmmmmm.
I don't know where you live so I couldn't ride up and down your street doing wheelies.
There are like 4 streets here Matt, take your pick! Chances are pretty good you'll hit it eventually! :twofinger

What time were you here?

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sjlee said:
Sounds like you had a great ride yesterday Brian. Also looks like you did it solo... who took your picture?

Next time you're thinking about doing a ride like that give me a call or shoot me a PM... with a little advance notice I could be free to join you.
Steve, yeah I went solo. I was at that lookout point waiting while a couple took pictures of their kids. The guy then asked me if I wanted him to take my pic. I did the same for him...took a pic of him, his wife, and his kids. It was pretty funny when the guy wanted his kids to sit up on the ledge. He told them to sit up there and his wife screamed at him because it was about a 20 foot dropoff.

This ride was totally spure of the moment. At 12pm I decided to go...I was on my way at 1pm. I was thinking about making a post in the "Group Rides" area, but didn't want to wait while people discussed where we should meet and when we should leave. Plus, I didn't know exactly where I was going or when I was gonna to be back...I got home at 9:30pm.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Great scenery pix......that one, looks good enough to frame!

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm always up for adventurous rides. My longest solo day was similar to yours brian, headed out to prarie du chen by way of 18, headed up north through la crosse, and sorta headed east from there. Hwy 33 Headed east out of la cross is great for the sweepers. lemme know next time as well. I think you got my digits.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well come on guys, GUESS whos living in platteville!!!!!! ME, i'm at school and now everybody comes out here without telling me! granted i don't have my bike here but i'd still like to hang out with you guys or tell ya where to go around here!!

next time someone post up if your gonna be out this way, maybe i'll take a friends bike out with you guys! lol

·
Banned
145 Posts
incognito0160 said:
Well come on guys, GUESS whos living in platteville!!!!!! ME, i'm at school
My brother's there for school too. I kinda actually miss the brat. :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts