Sport Bikes banner

Went down

867 views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  yo$hi 
#1 ·
Car pulled out in front of me, locked the back tire up, slide on some gravel, lowsided. Picked the bike up, moved it to a side street. Rode on into work, worked, came home, still pissed.

Just some road rash, bruises, and pride shot to shit.

P.S. Car went on, never stopped.

Left side of bike will need to be replaced.

#3 ·
I hate you fell. Just glad you are okay. Don't worry about the pride thing man, everybody goes down just a matter of time. It is going to happen. If you made a mistake then learn from it, that is what I've had to do.

#6 ·
glad you're ok mang.to bad you couldn't chase em down and ...well nevermind .everything comes full circle eventually.

#7 ·
You're okay, other than the rashed ego and small cuts, so permission given to count your chickens. I locked up my rear today, but kept it locked so I wouldn't highside if it regained traction. Came out okay, just skipped a heart beat.

Just the fairing needs replacement?

#9 ·
Just like everyone else has said...glad that you are alright. I would be pissed also, but your personal safety comes first right.
Keep your head up.

#12 ·
yo$hi said:
Car pulled out in front of me, locked the back tire up, slide on some gravel, lowsided. Picked the bike up, moved it to a side street. Rode on into work, worked, came home, still pissed.

Just some road rash, bruises, and pride shot to shit.

P.S. Car went on, never stopped.

Left side of bike will need to be replaced.

where were you at, what was the speed limit & how fast were YOU going? Last but not least, did you only use the rear brake?

#13 ·
SnookayDCC said:
where were you at, what was the speed limit & how fast were YOU going? Last but not least, did you only use the rear brake?
Straight road, was going well below the speed limit, speed limit is around 55 there. I tried everything, front rear, back tire locked up once I geared down and then she locked up. It was either that or hit the side/back of the car. Nothing I could do. Would have had a better chance keeping it up without the gravel there. Soon as I hit those few loose rocks she was down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.