Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened was flat out dumb. Was pulling up to my employers parking lot gate and was slowing down on front brake only and I drove through an excessive bunch of leaves and the front end washed out on me. Went down helmet first.

Shoei helmet is ruined but aside from some bruising thats already setting in and soreness, I am fine. Frame sliders more than took care of the bike.

I will post pics soon. Thinking of going after Broward County Government for replacement of helmet and the minor damage to the bike. :mad:

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Heh, I've done the leaves before. It sucks but it'd be ridiculous to blame somebody else.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have to see what im talking about. Its at the entrance to the buildings gate. Had it been properly maintained i wouldnt have gone down. period.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
ten31 said:
You have to see what im talking about. Its at the entrance to the buildings gate. Had it been properly maintained i wouldnt have gone down. period.

Mind you i'm playing devils advocate here and do not mean to flame....

but if you know this problem exists and is persistent wouldn't you take extra caution when approaching the entrance? Thus avoiding a potential problem?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A. Its poorly lit and usually not a problem cause maintenance usually takes care of the place. B. The accident occured at less than 10 miles per hour. When I say this was a freak accident caused by these leaves its Gods honest truth.

·
Registered
623 Posts
ten31 said:
A. Its poorly lit and usually not a problem cause maintenance usually takes care of the place. B. The accident occured at less than 10 miles per hour. When I say this was a freak accident caused by these leaves its Gods honest truth.
Sue them out of business, its all their fault and they should be responsible for it. Right on!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha. im looking at is as lets say they had an oil spill or something else equally as hazardous in a place where vehicles commute and then a veh has an accident there and they knew of the hazard then they are liable.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Hmmmmm....I got a rock in my tire last year and it went flat,I think I'm gonna sue the state for a new one since they forgot to tell the little midget with the broom to sweep up all the rocks......damn them midgets

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you're going to sue for bullshit like that, it makes me sad that you're a rider.

Leaves fall, its part of nature. Look at the road surface you're riding on.... when you turn off pavement onto a gravel road, if you fall you dont sue someone because they could have paved the road... you tell yourself you fucked up and move on.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
That pretty sad that you view a ordinary road obstacle as the fault of the government. I'm glad you don't ride in New England. The leaves, sand and potholes would keep your staff of lawyers busy. Of course only lawyers on your payroll will touch any suit like this, as nobody will take this on a contingiency.

Next time you crash because the front wheel slips on bad road surface, try to learn from it by using more rear brake.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Sue the tire manufacturer for not providing adequate tires for such situations. Or sue the MSF for not adequately preparing you for said obstacles.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I say you should sue gravity and friction too.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well, I usually ride around 110 m.p.h. constant to work for 30 miles and if a deer jumps out in front of me am I to sue the state for not raising the limit on deer during season because of deer over population and damages that occur to my bike? Probally wouldn't survive to do so, so count your blessins.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts