Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went down today,

Luckily it was at 5mph and not very much damage at all
Frame savers helped fairings a lot and i need new rear sets.

This is how it happened,

Coming off of an off ramp on to 35mph road and there was an rv in front of me.

He was slowing down quite a bit and i slowed down behind him but the problem is its raining and ahead there are Railroads that cut across the road in an X shape... well i was on the front brake hit the steel of the RR and feel at about 5mph. Not too bad a couple of scratches and what not but kinda shitty cause if we would have been going the speed limit i wouldn't have wrecked I dont think. Either way It was a learning experience and it could have been worse I guess.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
That sucks, but a lesson learned. Wet metal is like ice...be careful with that, storm drains, and manhole covers.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
glad you didnt hurt yourself, and your ok.. sorry about the bike. But frame sliders do work, sometimes....

·
Registered
76 Posts
gotcha beat

...for dumb crashes.

I was coming into work 3 hours late one day (i'm on flex time, so it doesn't matter, I just leave 3 hours later :eek: ) after torrential rains have pummelled the Fort Worth, TX area. This rain has caused build up of loose gravel and dust in the parking lot.

Naturally, being in a hurry I'm not paying attention, and swerving around speedbumps in the parking lot instead of going over them. I hook a right around the last speedbump, looking down the aisle, 50 yards to my parking space. Suddenly my vision tilts, and I'm sliding on my side down the damn aisle!

I was doing maybe 15mph, ripped a hole in my jeans, and my jacket arm kept me safe. Helmet and gloves didn't even show a scratch. But my CBR has nice marks in the fairing! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Went back and looked -- there were dustpiles where the rain had washed the lightest of the gravel at either side of the last speedbump. Hitting that pile of dust-sized gravel (that was the exact color of the pavement) threw my front wheel down. No chance of saving it.

In retrospect, I wasn't watching the ground, was in a hurry, and was acting like a badass by swerving around speedbumps.

D'OH!!

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
I love riding in the rain. The only thing that sucks about it is getting wet...

·
Banned
293 Posts
What really sucks are those complete metal rail road covers they make now so make it smoother for cagers. Try and hit one of those in a tight right hand turn at a red light. Talk about the end comning out on you.

·
Registered
522 Posts
that sucks, but atleast your okay.

·
Registered
290 Posts
DEVIN22CBR said:
What really sucks are those complete metal rail road covers they make now so make it smoother for cagers. Try and hit one of those in a tight right hand turn at a red light. Talk about the end comning out on you.

Two words:

Wet Drawbridge

·
Banned
293 Posts
02gixxer600 said:
Thats what i was on right before i wrecked lol
Susks doesnt it!!! Those things are like ice. I got pretty freaked out and my friend behind me really did when he saw that. Learn things pretty fast on a bike ill tell ya that much

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just wanted to put some pics up...

As you can see the tail didn't get hardly any damage... i think the spacers that i had to put on the rear break set had it out far enough where that caught all the damage for the rear... other wise the damage was minimal

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts