Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And again, I ain't do shit.

came out from the woman's place this morning to find my bike sitting in a slightly different spot.

with no mirrors. . .

and the rear left signal fucked.

and the front fairings cracked.

and the bikini fairing fucked

and the clutch cover marked.

and the clutch lever bent.

and somehow, the kickstand has a slight bend as well. I am not kidding, every front fairing is cracked, somehow, from this. chunks fucking missing from the headlight fairing, on both sides. . .

I am feeling properly murderous right now. No info left, of course. and I know how it is with bikes. that old thing is getting written if I report it. I am past angry.

If you manage to hit a parked bike, fuck you, get your license taken away.
but that is unlikely given the damage (minus the kickstand, serious cannot understand it).
the real thing here is:
DON'T FUCKING TOUCH TI IF IT AIN'T YOURS YOU DRUNK, STUPID USELESS WASTE OF FUCKING SPERM.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Brother-sorry bout that.

I stopped parking my bike in car spots many many years ago when I saw an old lady turn into a spot thinking it was empty. She creamed the bike.
So I try to park my bike where no one can accidentally hit it. Invest in a paging alarm. I dont cause I have so many damn bikes, but at least you know when someone mucks with it.

I dont know where you parked yours but murderous is an understatement. Got liability insurance? Non-owners should cover it.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was quite honestly parked in a wide open spot on a public street. like, this is not a crowded parking lot. It was by itself for 50 feet in both directions, and parked at an angle so as to be visible.
I cannot remember whether my package policy covers the bike or nto right now. I know I put one on the zook and then transferred the honda to it, but it may have run out in may.

if it did, 700 dollar deductible, but, parked on a public street, SGI will cover it. I have photos.

rode the bike home, and now it sits because I have no fucking mirrors, and no rear signal.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
That fucking sucks! This is why I never park in a normal spot. I'll take the side walk every time. Sorry about your bike.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
This sucks. I had some kids push my Street Triple over once for fun when it was parked on the street in front of my sister's house. Luckily most of the bike fell onto grass and was undamaged. But a mirror and turn signal broke. People are such dicks. My old apartment complex had special motorcycle parking spaces that I would use, but dicks in cars would always manage to squeeze a car over a few of the spots practically on top on the bikes.

·
Registered
381 Posts
That sucks! Sorry about your bike, hope you get it fixed soon.

I never worried about people knocking mine over in a parking spot, guess i've been lucky, the paging alarm is an excellent idea, when I get a nicer bike I'll invest in one, best to catch the jackasses red-handed if at all possible.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
with a silent alarm, those guys would've had a very, very bad night.

I mean, my bike would still be trashed, but so would they.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nope. main drag along the south part of town, but totally residential.

I am resigned to either risking it being written off, or fixing it for the ridiculous amount of money plastics go for. even the cheapo shit from ebay is a 500 dollar fix. then levers...clutch lever is bent down like 3/4".

seriously, week ruined. entirely.

·
B O R I C U A
1,216 Posts
Chunks of cracked fairings? Were those chinese fairings by any chance?

Anyways, if you are considering buying a new set of fairings, I strongly recommend the "sharkskins" street version for your F4i.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
That sucks big time. I'm sorry. I've been lucky so far in not having a bike messed with while parked. It does sound more like it was intentional then a simple backed into accident.

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
The Death Machine got knocked over in my downstairs garage, and I was fit to be tied. Fortunately the repairs were easy and inexpensive, though the stator cover still bears witness. I describe it as the bike proudly wearing its battle scars.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
2 years ago while at the Kawasaki Demo Days, I come out after spending a few hours riding bikes and I hear some other riders bitching about how they saw a Woman putting her kids on the bikes. I thought,"I hope they didn't scratch any of them." I get to mine and see my tank scratched to hell on both sides and little sneaker prints and dirt all over the seat and tank. I was so pissed that I was speechless. 5 bikes were damaged and no one got her plate number or anything yet about 30 people standing under neath the awnings Kawi had set up saw her do it.

Sorry Pred, People suck

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
2 years ago while at the Kawasaki Demo Days, I come out after spending a few hours riding bikes and I hear some other riders bitching about how they saw a Woman putting her kids on the bikes. I thought,"I hope they didn't scratch any of them." I get to mine and see my tank scratched to hell on both sides and little sneaker prints and dirt all over the seat and tank. I was so pissed that I was speechless. 5 bikes were damaged and no one got her plate number or anything yet about 30 people standing under neath the awnings Kawi had set up saw her do it.

Sorry Pred, People suck
Something like this?

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will have a look for the sharkskins knonfs. Thanks. I woulda liked to preserve the stock look...but maybe t cant be avoided. New stuff from honda is so expensive i might as well buy a new bike.
Got cheapo mirrors comin in two days. After that itll be fairings. Gonna see f i can cold bend the clutch lever in a vice so that isnt so bad either.

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
I think it must be a Honda thing. I had an old CBR600 for several years, and it got backed into and knocked over at least half a dozen times, while my Duc has only had that happen once, and the Heinkel once, and the other bikes never.

That sucks big time. I'm sorry. I've been lucky so far in not having a bike messed with while parked. It does sound more like it was intentional then a simple backed into accident.
Depends. If it gets backed into fairly hard, then you ahce the damage on the hit side, and then the damage on the side it falls on. The one case with the Duc mentioned above was at a customer's worksite; a vendors truck backed into my bike, knocked it into a GSRX, and both of them fell down. He left, but fortunately the security cam recorded the incident and his company was called and repercussions ensued. My bike took about $75 of damage to levers and turn signal (naked bikes are good). But the GSXR took fairing damage on both sides, to the tune of about $1500.

PhilB

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
my current thought is that someone backed into it.

no matter, because if it works out, in a few days I'll be posting about how my totalled F4i is gonna help me buy a Daytona 675, a house, fix my truck, and pay off my visa card.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sorry for your misfortunate incident. This is why I never park bikes on public streets, I live in the city and see how many car bumpers get knocked into. Bikes belong in garages, not in the street where people will steal them or trash them with their cars. If you can try parking on the sidewalk (or at least somewhere a car cannot get to).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts